Morose encounters of the third kind.

Morose encounters of the third kind.

A Story by restless
"

A view of our messed up little planet from an otherworldy invader.

"

Morose encounters of the third kind...

 

The sun shines down and the cools breeze tingles my skin. The reflection in the shop front windows helps me spot the exotic car parked behind me. Turning, I notice the cheap lid on my coffee does not contain much, and the spin sends the contents onto the footpath. Now facing the sun, I notice my glasses do little to shield it's brightness and again I turn, now facing a building with wind caused damage to its roof. With the sun too bright to face it directly I indirectly admire the exotic in the reflection and notice one smashed headlight and a rusty number plate.

 

Reflecting on the things I see I can't help but wonder what all of this would look to like to another worldly beings' outside perspective.

 

If an alien race could travel through space, I imagine that their approach toward technology would be absolute. Their lives mathematical, their minds focused and their progress would now be close to perfection. Their world, a utopia of mechanism, a clock with a billion moving parts. Upon discovering our tiny world they leave theirs aboard a craft of superlative unimprovable wonder and with their tuned minds and well reasoned hearts, they expect to find a new frontier. 

 

I then can only imagine their reasoned hearts tuned minds, rotting into despair as they cast their expectant eyes on our unorganized world of broken and defective things.

 

Optimism stirs inside me and I think that maybe this would be our saving grace, a race of beings to show us the way. But like a condemned building, they would probably just leave us to rot some more, or if they have any compassion, demolish us.

 

- Restless

© 2012 restless


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on February 10, 2012
Last Updated on February 10, 2012

Author