True meaning

True meaning

A Poem by Rebecca Garber
"

The passing of a loved one

"
Life is one of those things that people take for granted. They think nothing will hurt us, and we can do whatever. I have a close family member in the hospital, she has smoked for many many years. Finally one day she could not breathe so the rest of her life she has to be on oxygen. Well I got a phone call about three days ago. She is in the hospital, and they put her under a medical coma. She can't see you can't feel you, but she can hear you. I want to grab her hand as I know that she can'at squeeze. I wan't to tell her I love her as I know she won't respond, but she can hear. I want to sit by her bedside day and night, as I know she don't want me to for I have school. I wan't to dwell over the fact she has a five percent of surviving her surgery Monday morning as I know she does not want me too. She wants me to be happy. I see her lay they and I wish she would pass as I know she will when time is right, and I don't want her to pass, as I know she needs to, to get away from the pain and suffering she is in. She has been like this for over a week, with no sign of getting better. She is slowly passing and nothing to stop it. Playing the waiting game, is harder than you think. It makes it worse as you morn over the lose of her, then you will have to morn ounce again as she really does pass. They pain and torchure is eating away. Is this the true meaning of life.

© 2017 Rebecca Garber


Author's Note

Rebecca Garber
she is still suffering, now. Please keep her in your prayers.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Rebecca.. I've come back to this, wondering.. message done, not answered but or rather, so i fear what could be the worst. Sending love and thoughts, prayers most of all. Tis terrible to stand, sit, by and know what one knows...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Am sorry for her, hope good to happen, will pray for her...:)

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2017
Last Updated on March 18, 2017

Author

Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber

sarcoxie, MO



About
I am sixteen, and have been through a lot. I just got out of heartland because i was self harming and trying to kill myself. Because i had some things happen. So i express what is going on in my head .. more..

Writing
Week Week

A Story by Rebecca Garber



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..