The Siege of the Svartalfar (1)

The Siege of the Svartalfar (1)

A Chapter by Rhea752

The night was silent. The silence was an absence, more like. The absence of the familiar noises. Such as the orchestra of crickets was missing. The voices of the drunken neighbors were silenced. Even the whooshing of the cars in the distance had halted. However, minutes ago the noise was deafening. 
Twenty Minutes Earlier 

The night was going on normally. The people were going on about their business. The crickets played a lively tune contrasted by a few doleful chirps pitched in by the birds. The neighbors were halfheartedly tossing around insults. But then something changed. A man. He rose from the ground in the middle of the road. A driver belted out a list of profanities then slammed his brakes while at the same time his wife had reached over and jerked the wheel to try to avoid hitting the man. Thereby crashing into someone else. 
 Traffic stopped and the cars nearest to the man were in a pileup. Honks echoed and angry shouts came from many mouths. However, the man seemed unperturbed. He was a short, ugly, misshapen thing. His brutish face was scarred and his legs slightly twisted. He was as black as the night sky when not a star is out. Calmly he brushed off his rough cotton clothes. Flicking off bits of dirt with his stubby fingers. Sirens sounded in the distance and close by a woman was crying for help. Everyone stared at the unusual man. What they didn't know was that he was only a distraction. 
In a field behind a vast apartment complex nearby, hundreds of warriors that looked like the man in the street were materializing from the earth. 

... 

The air in the field was filled with the stench of death and decay. A man stuck his head outside to see what was creating the rancid odor, but was immediately was shot by an arrow by a stocky woman. He froze, then tumbled out of the window. The warrior let out a mirthless laugh that rang in the night. Once all of the warriors had arrived the mass of their force was in thousands. Before they left they all checked their weapons. Each carried a black wooden bow and two dozen poisoned arrows called Elf-shot. The arrow's poison paralyzes the victim then instigates a stroke. 
The man from the window lay lifeless on the cold ground. An arrow with a  raven feather tip protruded from his shoulder. As the stocky warrior passed him she easily jerked out the arrow and walked away. His fate will be that of many, many others. 

... 

Back on the street the man, Austri, crossed his arms and surveyed the situation. A few people had gotten out of their cars and began pacing a little. They occasionally shot him looks of anger, confusion, and even fear. 
The area was completely under control. Most everyone were dazed and confused. The only people alert and ready were the police. However, they were stuck behind almost a quarter mile of wreckage. The police didn't know they were being threatened so the element of surprise was on the warriors side. The warriors should arrive in a few minutes, he thought, all I have to do is wait. Austri leaned up against a beat up Ford and quietly smiled to himself. 

... 

The warriors snuck up behind the humans. They blended in seamlessly with the dark sky. They had the entire area surrounded. Every Black Elf had a designated human to take care of. When the battle cry of the Black Elves pierced into the night the Elves quickly and calmly proceeded forward with a fatal arrow pointed at every human's heart.
Screams of terror soon filled the void of silence. The stench of fear pulsed off of every human. The humans froze at the sight of deadly weapons. Unfortunately for the humans as soon as the Black Elves told them to stay still about a hundred broke out of line and tried to either flee or attack. The Black Elves were barely fazed. Whenever someone made a sudden movements they shot the human; notched another arrow and located their next victim. 


... 

Austri was pleased. The siege only took five minutes. None of the Black Elves died and only about a hundred humans died. Successful he thought very successful. Alda, the chief commander of the warriors, stepped up and bowed to Austri. 

"Are you satisfied with the results of the attack, sir," Alda inquired 

"Yes, very, now go make sure none of the humans give you trouble. Not that it's very likely they're cowardly fools." 

"Yes sir" 

The humans were being packed into cages and then shifted underground. The warriors performed their actions quickly and deftly. The humans were to stay in an underground prison for now. Maybe I will make them into slaves Austri thought yes, most likely. They will spend the rest of their short moronic lives working for me. Austri laughed bitterly and sank underneath the ground with an ominous rumbling sound of rocks.


© 2012 Rhea752


Author's Note

Rhea752
Just trying something new. Tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this. Great concept. Hope to read more...

Posted 11 Years Ago


- "Are you satisfied with the results of the attack, sir," Alda inquired
That should be a question really and you need a full stop at the end.
- "Yes sir"
You just need a full stop there as well.
Anyway, great chapter, a great start. You wrote well and kept me engaged with your interesting descriptions. I definitely like the idea of this and would love to see where you go with it. Thanks for a great chapter and keep it up :)


Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm interested to see where this is going. It was beautifully written, even though you were missing a few commas. Keep writing

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

146 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2012
Last Updated on June 29, 2012


Author

Rhea752
Rhea752

Middle Of My Daydreams, FL



About
I am a 15 year old girl who loves to read, write, act, and draw. I just started writing seriously about 2 years ago. I've been published a few times in small online magazines. I am trying to find out .. more..

Writing
I Met Her I Met Her

A Poem by Rhea752


Let Me Go Let Me Go

A Poem by Rhea752