Sheema Huq

Sheema Huq

A Poem by Richard Lane

Hello Again Sheema
Sorry to have been away from my page for awhile. As you might have read over the course of my posting and our correspondence via our inbox about my being the Caregiver of my Father Robert. Well I have sad news to share with you and the news is that he passed away only a few weeks ago on April 6th. Since January he had been going into and out of and back to the hospital so many times with probably two weeks or less left for him to relax and get on with his life in the best way he was able to do. But in March the Doctors caring for him discovered two or more cancer cells in his right lung and it was going into his remaining right kidney. The decision to let him go wasn't easy because on the 20th of March he felt ok when the Doctors finally came out and told him his cancer was terminal.  I can tell you he died comfortably and peacefully. In no way did I feel like I failed in my job as the Caregiver. It would have been worse if I hadn't just let him go because his body was fighting him and he tried to hold on but eventually he understood that his battle with all of his illness was now over and that he actually won the battle and now his spirit was free to go in the direction it had to go.  That's all for now. 

© 2013 Richard Lane


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

476 Views
Added on April 24, 2013
Last Updated on April 24, 2013

Author

Richard Lane
Richard Lane

Baltimore, MD



About
My name is Richard Lane and I am based in Baltimore, MD. I started writing poetry in 1984 during my High School years. My writing style varies, but my focus is prose writing and poetry. Please feel .. more..

Writing