Chapter 4: Truth Hurts

Chapter 4: Truth Hurts

A Chapter by rielovella

♣Chun♣

After buying fruits for Arron, we went to the hospital.

“What do you think Arron is doing now?” Calvin asked me.

“As long as I remember, he’s having a therapy now.”

“I wish whoever does that to him is mentally-prepared.” Calvin laughed.

“Hey, don’t joke like that.”

“I know it’s bad to joke but that’s the truth bro. After that accident, he’s acting cold to everyone, even to us.”

Calvin’s right that time. Well that’s unusual for him. Maybe it is his lucky day.

“I know. That’s why I brought his favourite ball to cheer him up.”

“You brought his ball? How come you brought it?”

“Here.” I pointed my bag.

Calvin sighed and talked again. “Your bag is having miracles again. What’s really inside you bag? Magic hat or something with magic?”

“Even though it looks like its small, it can bring big things like ball.”

Yeah, I’m too much of your sermons about your things Mr. Wu especially that bag.”

“Ok.” I laughed.

After the too long and very sarcastic words from him, we reached the hospital. We entered and went to a room where he’s having a therapy today. As I open the door, a slipper was almost near me. Then after that, I hear someone’s shouting; it’s Arron.

“Just leave.” Arron said while pointing at the door.

“But,” the nurse still persisted. But I know Arron will still not allow her.

“Get out of this room!” he shouted like he owns that hospital.

The nurse leaves with her record of Arron’s condition.

“I’d better comfort that nurse before she tells it to others.” Calvin said.

“Okay, just return back later at his room.” I pointed Arron.

I put the basket on the table near me and tried to talk to Arron. I hope this will work.

“Arron,” I went near him while Calvin leaves the room. “What did you do again?”

“Again?! S**t, what kind of nurse is that? She keeps on hurting my leg. I’m already tired yet she keeps on telling me that I should continue the therapy.”

“But Arron, you should listen more to the nurse. She knows what is best for you.”

“Best for me? Oh God, is she’s my mother? Geez. Even though she’s my mother, I won’t still allow her to do that to me. They didn’t know what happened to me before I looked like miserable. Even you and Calvin didn’t really know what I felt that time.”

Gosh! Is he really that angry? That was the longest statement I heard from Arron. Maybe he’s really frustrated about what happened to him last two years. Yes, last two years yet he still doesn’t recover on his accident.

I didn’t know what to reply to him so I just look at him and take a deep breath.

“Stop looking at me like that Chun. If you’re really my friend, don’t look at me just like how people look at ants.” His eyebrow raised and he pushes his wheelchair going to the door.

“Hey, where are you going?” I went near him and tried to push his wheelchair. But he stopped me and he pushes his chair.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized.

“Don’t say sorry.” he said. “I’m already enough of your apologies; yours and Calvin. Just leave me and don’t show up on my room.” He opens the door and leaves me alone.

I don’t know anymore on what I should do about him. Before, he is the best friend that I have after Calvin. He’s very jolly and full of dreams especially about his love at basketball. But the accident take away all of his positive attitudes and changed to negative. I asked the doctor if he had a trauma but he replied that there’s no any psychological explanation for it. Now, I don’t know if we’re still friends. For me he’s the best friend but for him, it is a question.

Before anything else, I left the room and stayed outside of Arron’s room to wait for Calvin.

�-�No one�-�

After thirty minutes, Ella waked up and looks at Selina whose sleeping beside her.

♠Ella♠

 “Selina, Selina, Sel” I tried to wake her up because I don’t know why I’m in the hospital. After calling her name, she already woke up.

“Ella, you’re already waking up.” Selina is murmuring.

When Selina woke up, Hebe did too.

“Ella, are you okay?” Hebe asked.

I just nodded and smiled.

“Do you want some drinks?” Selina asked.

“Sure.” I replied.

So Selina go out to get me some drinks. While waiting for her, I asked Hebe if I’m okay. She didn’t reply or anything. I hope I’m okay. After a minute, Selina return back with a can of soda. She gave it to me and smiled. Selina returns to the couch and sits. I opened the can and drink some. After drinking, I noticed that they are staring at me. So I put down the can on the table and asked them if my condition is okay.

“El, we’re returning the question back? Are you really okay after that night?” Hebe asked me. She’s really staring at me. It makes me freak out.

“What night?”

“Last three weeks when you went to the bar, did something happen?” Hebe still continues her stare like if I done something wrong.

“Hebe, Sel, tell me what’s my condition is. Am I okay?”

“Yeah, you’re okay.” Selina said. “But,”

“But what?” I asked her.

Hebe goes near me and holds my hand. My hands were shaking that time, I don’t know if I have disease or something.

“You’re pregnant.” She whispered.

“What!” I exclaimed.

Pregnant? What! Oh my... So there’s really something between that guy. What should I do? I don’t even know his name or how to contact him. Now, what will I tell them? I don’t know that guy and it is an accident? Accident? No! This isn’t accident, it really happened and none of us want it.

“So tell us, what happened that time?” Selina said.

“Uhmmm... I...” I uttered. I don’t know how to explain this but I have to try. “I met a guy in the bar. Maybe, I’m too drunk that time and I went with him in a hotel and... I don’t know after.” I explained.

“Then, who’s the guy who did this to you?” Selina asked.

“I don’t know. I don’t know his name or any contacts from him. If I could only see him again, I can tell that it is him.” I said. I hope they are not angry.

“Guys these days are worse.” Hebe said. “They will have their pleasure and after that, boom! They’re already gone just like bubbles.”

“I’m so sorry Hebe and Selina for making you worry about me.”

“You should be. But what we should do now? Find that guy? What do you think Selina?”

“I really want to but I’ll be busy these days. I have to make 100 sets of accessories by the end of the month.” Selina said.

“Oh. And...”

Hebe stopped talking because someone knocks on the door. Hebe opens the door.

“Hebe, we need you. There’s a meeting now for assigning nurses,” a nurse said.

“Okay, I’ll be there in a minute.” Hebe said and she closes the door. “Ella, Sel, I have to go. Selina, you take care of Ella.”

“But...”

Before Selina finishes what she has to say, Hebe already left.

“But I can’t. I have to make accessories now and I have to go to the shop.” She pouts her lips and sits on the couch.

“Selina,” I called her. “You can go. Its better you have to go and I know you really need to make those.”

“Then no one will be here to take care of you.”

“No, I’m okay. You have to go. Sorry for being too careless that time.”

“That’s okay. I know that you didn’t mean it. I have to go.” Selina grabbed her bag and waved at me. “Bye.” And she closes the door.

Pregnant? Now, there’s a human inside my tummy. I stared at my tummy and touch it.

“From now on, I’ll take care of you... Even without a father.”

Wait, I don’t like my child not to have a father. It will be a pain to my baby. But, I don’t want to bother his life. He didn’t mean it to me and I didn’t too. What should I do?

�-�No one�-�

After Selina left, Ella rested for a while.

♣Chun♣

I sat on the couch near Arron’s room. I wait for Calvin’s arrival. After 10 minutes, he returns with two cups of coffee.

“Hey bro, what are you doing there? Why don’t you enter the room?” Calvin gave me a cup of coffee and sits beside me. I sipped a coffee and explain to him what happened earlier.

“We just have a fight earlier.” I said.

“That was expected.” He replied.

“I don’t know why he really hates us now.”

“He doesn’t hate us. It’s just that the accident cause him to be angry to everyone.”

I remained silent and realized that I just save him maybe until now; we’re like a happy family.

“Hey, bro. What if I enter now?” Calvin suggested.

“Don’t do that! He’s already angry to me. Don’t add that up.” I said to him but still he opens up the door.

“Calvin, you’re...” I put down the cup of coffee on the floor.

“He’s asleep.” He said. He enters the room quietly. “It’s okay now to enter.”

So I enter the room too. I closed the door quietly and we sat on the couch. While I’m sitting, I look at Arron’s angelic face. I remember the days we always play basketball and we laugh so much. But now, I can’t do anything for him that can make him happy. Truth hurts and he can’t even accept it. Chun, stop regretting. There’s no time for that. I should be cheering him up. When he wakes up, I’ll give him the ball he loves.

“Calvin, don’t do it again. He might throw us something if you do.”

“I know but we still have to show that we’re here for him and not because of pity.”

Whoa! A day for Calvin to be right? Maybe the sun rose at the west. I chuckled and Calvin heard it.

“What are you laughing for?”

“Just, nothing.” I chuckled.

“Hey! What are you thinking huh?”

“I said nothing.” I’m still chuckling.

“Really huh?”

Calvin went near me and started to tickle me. He hits my ticklish part; my hips and we started to laugh. Luckily, Arron didn’t wake up in any sort.

“Can you just stop tickling me?! Arron is sleeping. Can’t you see it?” I pointed Arron to Calvin.

“I know. I’m just trying to wake him up so that he’ll be jealous that we’re happy and then…”

“It won’t happen again…” I broke his words. I know that there’s still hope but I’m losing it. After we fought, would I still believe that we could be still good friends like before.

“Don’t be pessimistic Chun. Think positive.”

“Calvin, did you use the word pessimistic? Is this really you?” I slapped his face lightly. “What happened to Calvin? Where did you bring my friend?”

“You Chun! Is it wrong to be like this? Maybe that was your thinking when you’re chuckling earlier. Am I right?”

“Yeah, yeah.” I said.

He laughed and after that, he rested while I’m watching Arron.



© 2011 rielovella


Author's Note

rielovella
Sorry for the late chapter. I will pursue to continue this story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
Added on March 23, 2011
Last Updated on March 24, 2011


Author

rielovella
rielovella

Muntinlupa, Philippines



About
I'm Liriel. 15 years old girl living in Philippines I like writing stories about love(especially about S.H.E. and Fahrenheit. In short, fanfic. :) ) and poems(if I'm inspired). I write likeS.. more..

Writing
Mirror Mirror

A Poem by rielovella