to friends

to friends

A Story by dan
"

illness

"
I will try to be brief. For those of you who have read really verbose reviews of your writing, you will know this is not easy for me. But here goes.

First of all I want to apologize for all of the read requests I have received that I did not honor. I have just been too tired. I have tried for months to discover why my health problems could not be correctly diagnosed. My numerous trips to the ER have left doctors no doubt wondering whether I was just a hypochondriac looking for attention or just plain crazy. But the constant weariness and weakness was real. I have not written anything, nor have I had the wherewithal to review poetry or stories submitted to me in your read requests. Again, I am very sorry for that.

I was inpatient hospitalized for 8 days, released this past Tuesday. With a diagnosis. The carotid artery on my left side is 100% blocked. They say that when this happens the blood finds a new path on which to flow, providing needed blood to the brain. I don't think that's true, but what do I know.

The carotid artery on my right side is 70% blocked. This means that I could possibly have a stroke at any time. I met with a vascular surgeon both yesterday and today. One of two things will happened next: either a stent will be inserted through my groin and guided to the blockage, or...surgery through my neck would be indicated. Either way it is a risk.

Just wanted to write this to my friends. And to say I miss being active on WC. I miss you all.

take care...
dan

© 2016 dan


Author's Note

dan
Please don't feel obligated to reply.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's months later that I see this, and pray to dear God that you've gotten through it all and are now better. Having struggled with heart disease for the last 26 years, I can really relate. Read requests and other such things can wait for you to get well.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I hope you are okay. I missed this one. I will put you in my prayers.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hey Dan,
I am sorry to hear of the pain you are enduring. My dear uncle has suffered a stroke this very month and doctor said it was due to an artery that was 100% blocked. He had to undergo angiography and angioplasty urgently. But with God's grace he is fine now and if this can help, let me tell you that the stent insertion went quite well and only after 21 days he is already visiting his work office for 3-4 hours a day.
Wish you best of luck.
Get well soon.

PS: It's true that I opened the piece thinking it is a story but once I was done, I couldn't help but write what I thought, no obligatory response.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hey Dan,
So sorry to hear this. I wish you well and you will be in all of our thoughts and prayers. You've definitely been missed on here.
-Kay

Posted 7 Years Ago


dan

7 Years Ago

Kay, thank you for your warm wishes. I too have missed all of my WC friends. I will be trying to do .. read more
Stay strong buddy. Hope things get better.

Posted 7 Years Ago


dan

7 Years Ago

thank you, Paul. I appreciate your supportive note, take care...dan
You are in my prayers buddy! Your voice has been missed

Posted 7 Years Ago


dan

7 Years Ago

I was released from hospital today after 6 weeks most of it in intensive care. Had a minor stroke. .. read more
Dear Dan,

I am so sorry for what you have endured. You will get well soon quick. Have faith. And we are there with you, keeping you in our prayers and thoughts.

Fight the good fight.

Best wishes and regards,
Mallika,

Posted 7 Years Ago


dan

7 Years Ago

thank you for your supportive note. take care....dan
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
And i wondered why you were quiet........

The best of wishes to you and your family at this trying time. No doubt you have the strength and courage to overcome this setback, and i have no doubt that you will bounce back from this illness and once again be the poetic force and true friend to all of us, your friends, here on writerscafe.

Keep the chin up, my friend. I look forward to seeing you back here sometime soon.

Look after yourself,

Doodley.

Posted 7 Years Ago


dan

7 Years Ago

thank you for your supportive note. take care...dan
.

7 Years Ago

All the best, Dan. Take care of yourself. I look forward to seeing you back here again soon.
Dan, please just look after yourself...this place will be here when you are back, am sending light my friend...

Posted 7 Years Ago


So sorry to hear about this dan... which ever procedure you ended up choosing, I hope that it goes well. I wish you all of the luck in the world! Don't worry about us, we'll still be here once you get better. Just focus on yourself, and get better so we can read more of your fantastic work again. Remember to take care dan.

Posted 7 Years Ago


dan

7 Years Ago

Just read this today. I was hospitalized for about 7 weeks, had a slight stroke and was in intensive.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

819 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2016
Last Updated on July 22, 2016

Author

dan
dan

Indiana, PA



About
I live in Indiana, PA more..

Writing
episode episode

A Poem by dan


really crucial really crucial

A Poem by dan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..