Pink and Blue Inside

Pink and Blue Inside

A Story by Rin
"

This is combined with one of my favorite fantisy places and my nightmares that scar me the most which are funny when I wake up because they don't seem scary when I'm awake lol.

"

 

            Blue light floating in strings in the gaps of the ancient trees. Soft, small, clean feet stand in the clear liquid all around her. There are light blue and pink rings bouncing off her small figure. The gentle sounds of water waving in the air slowly mixing with the rings of color coming from her. The sand clings to the gaps in her toes as if it were waiting for her all along. Her dark brown hair is soft and she seems translucent in the reflection of the water. So much light so much blue it is like a spirit world of light.
This girl is living in her most treasured dream where she can see her own pure aura and smell the water. A beautiful tree with roots deep in the sand stands proudly in the clear, deep, cool water. Surely a dream for trees can’t grow from sand. Inside this blue tree is her life and she stares in a daze. She is naked her skin is gently being covered by wind she fully embraces the environment and doesn’t cover her body with her hands but lets them relax by her side. Rain drips from the top of the trees, little specks of light hide in the bits of rain and as it joins the clear water the drops look like a speck from a star as they descend into the dark abyss. The rain that falls on her only seem to be absorbed by her as if her rings took the light from them.
            More wind enters through the gaps from the trees and creates a sound that makes the proud tree in front of her to start dancing slowly, gracefully, and quietly. Her body that was as still as the tree gently begins to move as the sound creates energy inside her to start moving. All this time in the darkness the shadows have been hungrily glaring at her pure aura. The things that are the incarnate of her past nightmares. They hide behind the trees and stare from the deepest parts of the water. They are slowly advancing as she sways to the sounds of the wind, rain, water, and now trees.
            The wind begin to whorl around her and the tree simultaneously. She gently lifts her left foot and places it on top of the water and breathing deeply places her other foot on the water. The rings around her seem to double as she starts to dance clumsily at first on the water. The sand underneath her is now disturbed and begins to create a small milk chocolate cloud where she was standing for so long. She closes her eyes and begins to spin in the direction of the wind; her hands are above her head as her feet make little splashing noises.
            The shadows advance taking full advantage of her temporary blindness. All of them come at once while she is obliviously dancing her as her pace quickens. They are like smoke only taking physical form when they consume the energy of her even now lingering fear if they were to starve they would merely disintegrate in the air. All the trees have now joined in this dance, their rustling leaves sound beautiful with the combined sound of the water, rain, and now her quick dancing.
            The shadows are too late for now her energy is so strong there is no fear left in her. She is now dancing gracefully, slowly, quietly like the tree in front of her. Her mind has finally let go of that fear, even if only for this moment. There is a smoky dark circle forming around her as the shadows try to consume her. Her imagination is too strong for them. The wind has lost its sound and is now beating on the shadows, the trees shiver in discomfort. She opens her eyes to see that the shadows have combined hoping to penetrate the bubble of energy that has formed around her. She simply stares in curiosity with her hazel eyes. Still standing over the water she takes a step and holds her hand out to the shadows. Has her fear truley left her?
            She can see everything in this dream of hers. The shadows swiftly bite her hand and they begin to shriek in pain. As they touch her small and fragile hand they disperse. She stands in sadness for she only wanted happiness; her hand felt nothing from the shadows. She did not realize her mind had created those beings out of her hate, sadness, and fear. Her mind is now loosing its completeness as she starts to think of her loved ones back in reality.
Her back is to the tree, now afraid to look at what has become of it. The sound of the water is getting quieter, the gracefulness of her movement is now gone as well as the light rings that were created from her energy. She stands staring at the dark path that brought her to her dream. It seems to be getting further away, the sand pathway now becoming cold, grey, smooth rock. She can feel her fears slowly coming back as her dream seems to be fading; her feet start to feel cold. The rays of blue light that escaped the gaps of the trees above now turn grey as if a rain cloud has covered the sky.
She closes her eyes trying to clear her heart. But, she suddenly snaps her eyes open as there is a sudden hollowness in the sounds: silence. The rain is still falling only there is no drip they disappear before they join the water, the lights disappear with them. The water she was standing on she is now submerged in. She can see the eyes of her shadows in the abyss she is slowly going towards. There are no more lights, only blue.
She looks back at the proud tree in desperation to stay. It is now shriveled, black, burned. The instant she looks, it turns to charcoal and collapses into the water instantly forming blackness and completely covering her in darkness. She screams and expects water to come rushing in only now there is a hallow echo. She swiftly looks around, the shadows are gone the dream is gone everything is gone but the empty darkness.
It is the start of her nightmare, the start of her fears. A voice calls her name in a whisper close to her ear. She shuts her eyes; she can see her body covered with a blanket, it is a plain grey color. Her breathing is so loud she just wants to hold her breath but that would be worse. She opens her eyes and now she is standing naked in the darkness but she is not alone. Tall, bald, naked men stand all around her; in the distance near her over her under her. They are all staring and smiling with too many teeth. They are not human... they are not men.
One by one they start to say her name one so close she gasps and then another only an echo and another below her and another and another. Now some are laughing while others continue to say her name others telling her to come with them, to be afraid, reminding her of things she does not want to remember. Her body is trembling as she curls into a ball holding her ears and she shuts her eyes again. She is under the blanket again; the bald slender men are standing over her smiling.
There is a sudden snap in the back of her whole body and she throws herself up, her eyes wide open. It is snowing in the darkness and she is now standing naked again. The nightmare begins to slowly fade away starting from the top the voices calling her name become quieter and quieter until there is silence. She is crying her body is crouched and shaking in fear. One speck of snow falls on her hand she looks in wonder for it is not cold. No… it’s not snow it is white charcoal. Her fear is suddenly replaced with curiosity.
She looks up where the tree once was; she can see her room. There is light penetrating her window. She looks down there is a small circle of water and sand she is now sitting in. She yearns to stay in her dream as the dream slowly begins to come back starting with the sudden growing trees to the falling rain. But the light from her window is now reaching her dream, forcing the growing trees to part and the water to stay shallow. She sighs as her heart is one with her dream once more and savers it as much as she can before the sunlight forcefully pulls her away, the echo of dripping water can be heard as she slowly opens her real eyes.

© 2008 Rin


Author's Note

Rin
This one seems a bit off... if any of you have advice it would be appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 28, 2008
Last Updated on October 15, 2008

Author

Rin
Rin

About
I love to write just as much as I love to do visual arts. For a while I used to think I didn�t have a talent in writing, but after doing so many pieces I found out that I love to do it j.. more..

Writing
Time is Selfish Time is Selfish

A Poem by Rin


Burning Perfection Burning Perfection

A Story by Rin


Nothing Nothing

A Story by Rin