Girl Uncompromised

Girl Uncompromised

A Poem by Riss Ryker
"

The despair of breaking up, the triumph of getting over it..

"
571c7ff1-fd40-49dd-a440-522d7aabe8fb

 You touched my face and said goodbye, looking back you met my eyes. A spark of what, regret perhaps? You left me wondering why. 

Whom do I owe this heartbreak to? Another girl? Or perhaps, two? “Oh, it’s me, not you,”  you lie. Save your metaphors.

My eyes filled up with burning tears, a testament to all the years. I never even had a clue, for all I ever saw was you.

How can a light that burned so bright, turn to darkness overnight? Fall to pieces on the ground, my broken heart’s in tatters now.

Crumbled, shattered, ripped to shreds, a broken thing now half-way dead. You left me gasping for each breath, drowning in this little death.

I rise up from the bed we shared, gaze into the bathroom mirror to try and see what’s wrong with me, that you should walk away.

I look into wet eyes so blue and see the me, that you saw, too. My inner self stared back at me and told a startling truth.

I see there’s nothing wrong with me, no reason why you set me free. No reason that you broke my heart. I’ve been the same, right from the start.

I refuse to play the blaming game, of wondering why you didn’t stay. I’ll live to love another day. My heart is good and strong.

So like a Phoenix I will rise to wipe the tear-drops from my eyes, and never will I compromise the person that I am.

For I’ve been faithful all this time, loyal, true and always kind. A gentle soul, a thoughtful mind, and I will heal this heart.

So walk away is what I say. It doesn’t matter anyway. Another love will come my way, and you’ll be soon forgotten.

I’ll put my heartache on a shelf, and live to love despite myself. My head I’ll hold up proud and high. I will remain uncompromised.

© 2015 Riss Ryker


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Girl, your rhyming gave me chills! You know, there's something to be said about the woman that pulls through this kind of hell. When you've been hurt so bad that you start blaming yourself, it's really the lowest you can ever be. And its a long way back to "happy".

I'm pulling for you to make it, Riss!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Riss Ryker

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Kelly! I'm honored! I've already made it, this is a poem about a time long gone...thank y.. read more



Reviews

I love the double rhymes, and then the non-rhyme! You broke w/ the pattern for 2 stanzas, but really it carried the poem. It was so nice! A lovely work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Riss Ryker, it is so beautiful. The pain of a heartache so deep and truely defined - I loved evry word. Amazing writing. Thank you so very much! Dale

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Riss Ryker

9 Years Ago

Thank you SO much, Dale. I'm truly honored at your words...
Confuser

9 Years Ago

I love it!! You are welcome.
Girl, your rhyming gave me chills! You know, there's something to be said about the woman that pulls through this kind of hell. When you've been hurt so bad that you start blaming yourself, it's really the lowest you can ever be. And its a long way back to "happy".

I'm pulling for you to make it, Riss!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Riss Ryker

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Kelly! I'm honored! I've already made it, this is a poem about a time long gone...thank y.. read more
I love this poem, it is so beautifully written. I love the way it went together. How it went along with how I felt once upon a time ago.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sometimes when someone walks away they believe that they are doing it for our own good.

It hurts them too.

I've always wondered if is it because they think that they would destroy the person that we are.

Or is it that they believe we will destroy them?

To let someone go shows that you truly love them.
---

You also have those who are in a neglectful, abusive relationships.
And you should always walk away from abuse.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Riss Ryker

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Leviathus, for your interpretation, but what did you think of the poem overall? Did you l.. read more
Leviathus Fortes

9 Years Ago

It is a very moving piece. I like this style of writing.

Improvement?
Norma.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2015
Last Updated on February 11, 2015
Tags: relationships, love, breaking up, inspirational

Author

Riss Ryker
Riss Ryker

Amsterdam, NY



About
Riss Ryker is a self proclaimed introvert, a dreamer, and believes in kindness to others. She loves to grow flowers, herbs, and hang out with her three dogs and her python named Blossom. A new writer .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..