Knowing Him

Knowing Him

A Poem by Dorita

 
 Knowing Him
Ashley always knew that something in her life was missing as a child. She knew that she had accepted Jesus into her heart and life at a young age, and was glad she had. She left her house and walked the short distance to where she worked, and now walked across the street. She met other people she worked with at the office, and then she took her place behind her desk. She did her work for the day. As she left the office later that day, she felt like trying something new. She went home to her place after working for the last four hours and she went looking for her cat.
She found her on her couch, looking up at her with interesting eyes. Like she had many times. 'What to do now?', she questioned herself, and she knew that she should keep praying about what she should do. She knew that in life, what really mattered the most, was knowing and loving Jesus. He was, and is, and always would be, the light of the world. She went outside later that night, and looked up at the starry sky. and the northern lights. How amazing was and is God to create this and make her. He created her, and she loved and praised Him. In her life, what she had wanted were a list of things. These were things she thought she needed before she could really be happy. A tear fell down her cheek as she realized the thing that she knew made her so happy she long had. God was the one who she loved the most, and always would.

© 2018 Dorita


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on January 21, 2018
Last Updated on January 21, 2018

Author

Dorita
Dorita

About
I'm a redhead that loves writing and travelling. I grew up in a smaller town and now live in the big city. But deep down I'm a country girl who loves horses and open fields. more..

Writing
Chosen Chosen

A Poem by Dorita


Just You Just You

A Poem by Dorita