How to Create

How to Create

A Poem by R.J. Seoul
"

How is it that we lack the ability of original thought?

"

 

No.    I did not ask for this; how could you misunderstand?
I asked you to create and you have failed me.
 
You have built me houses with four walls and a door; you have made me bridges of toothpicks, and have written on paper with pencil and ink. 
I asked you to create and you have failed me.
 
Why did you destroy a perfect vision; why did you allow your perception to be influenced?
It seems you’ve forgotten to forget; the power of Your mind extends beyond the boundaries of others.
 
I asked you to create and you have failed me.
 
Break the walls of this house; set flame to the bridges and watch the ash;
It falls freely, dependent on nothing. It alone knows how to create, and It alone can remind you how to forget.
I asked you to create and you have failed me.
 
Build me a house; make me a polygon; make me a circle: Build me a bridge; make it sway with the wind; make it swerve with the river.
I asked you to use your mind and you used another’s;
Basing thoughts on the thoughts of structures.
 
But now I will ask again: Create, for me, your minds.
And show me the errors of your progeny.

© 2011 R.J. Seoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 18, 2008
Last Updated on April 21, 2011

Author

R.J. Seoul
R.J. Seoul

PA



About
Throughout my life I have embraced challenges, and used obstacles to further my knowledge, and to help prepare myself for the future. Usually I express myself through writing, and often jot down crazy.. more..

Writing