Doom

Doom

A Story by Steve B
"

A writing exercise a friend and I did in a class. We went back and forth writing the story. "It was a dark and stormy night. The rain was coming down in droves, soaking two men as they stood waiting."

"

            It was a dark and stormy night. The rain was coming down in droves, soaking two men as they stood waiting. A lamp post was flickering on the other side of the street, giving the already barren looking street a depressing glow. One of the men shifted uncomfortably, adjusting something in the folds of his jacket. His partner glanced over at him, signaling him to keep still. The man ignored the warning and shifted again, this time reaching his hand underneath his shirt to remove the irritating object.

            “Cut!” Screamed the director with a blaze in his eyes, “You’re doing it all wrong! You must… show… EMOTION!” he furiously shouted stamping his foot on the set.

            “What?!” The actor inquired with a confused look on his face. “Didn’t I look convincingly apathetic to you?! I kept the apathetic look at him telling me to stop, now isn’t that good enough?” He huffed out, losing his breath.

            “Alright, let’s do it again.” The director commanded as the stage crew moved into place getting ready to dump more water down on the actors. 

The disgruntled man replaced the fake gun he had removed and moved back to his original position.

            “Action!”

            As if on cue, a giant wormhole burst open in the middle of the set and a giant DOOM 3 Hell Knight-esque monster stepped forward, shrieking like there was no tomorrow. And for most, there wasn’t.

            “What the hell?!?!!?” People started screaming along with the beast, though for a different reason, and ran from the recording stage trying to get to their cars.

            The DOOM monster shot fireballs at them.

            And they died.

            Luckily for the actor, his car had been towed the night before, so he hadn’t run in that direction. Of course, he wouldn’t have anyway, seeing as he was standing stock still in fear. The DOOM monster turned to him and started shrieking all over again. Judging by the size of its claws, which had extended out of its body like Wolverine, the monster was planning on ripping the man a new one.

            The actor, frozen in fear, wet himself as he finally decided to run away from the monster. The DOOM monster spat three more fireballs at the actor but with his great acting skills, he acted as if the fireballs wouldn’t hurt him.

            Luckily, the DOOM monster missed, except for the one that just barely skimmed the man's head, burning his hat and hair to a well-done crisp. The actor shrieked as the DOOM monster reached down with one of his long metallic claws and picked him up. The DOOM monster lifted him, tipped its head back, and dropped the actor in its mouth.

© 2010 Steve B


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on November 27, 2008
Last Updated on July 20, 2010

Author

Steve B
Steve B

About
These are my things. more..

Writing
Us, old Us, old

A Poem by Steve B