The Other Way

The Other Way

A Poem by roar it

Strange place, strange ways, each stay away!
Then why are there two roads to take?

The maps and paths, and followed tracks.
And Google, Waze, we trust their facts.
Turn left, turn right we let it steer.
To miss a turn, we start to fear.

Across to tolls, collect control.
Like little soldiers, do as told.
Planned flights and crowds, comfort in traps.
Are we confined in our skin wraps?

Some lost, pretend to just be found.
Some found, act lost, pretty profound.
To take that step, the unprotected. 
To turn towards, the unexpected.
A wasteful plan, we must forget it.
Insane repeat, and do we test it?

Misdirection, to find us love.
Misdirection, to find us trends.
Misdirection, finds ideas.
Misdirection, to find us friends.
Misdirection to free in stress.
Misdirection leaves no regrets.

Let one misdirection find you.
Let one misdirection guide you.
Let one misdirection define
And be the reason, you are you.

© 2017 roar it


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Really enjoyed this. I especially liked the rhythm of the stanzas and the question that the poem poses. I think all of us can relate to questioning how confined or trapped we really are in life. Sometimes, it really is necessary to take a break from life. Looking forward to more of your work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

My lst review was not good, so let me give you a new one. This is deep. It really expresses what i have come to know is you in your writing. I will hope you keep writing like these, because is it really expressing, and inspirational. It has inspired me as a writer, and i assume others as well. Keep on writing, and you will go far. I believe in you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This really brings home, how our lives are not our own anymore we are brainwashed robots. But I think that's the big plan, keep them dumb and in debt!! good work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Damn this is a tight, Good work on this one here Roar it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Very well done , expressive, and it's thought provoking. Questioning the
status quo.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wow, I love this write. It is very creative and spontaneous sounding, like you sat down and the words just rolled onto your page. Looking forward to reading more of you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Direct and genuine, this poem has the ability to touch an intimate key, teasing that particular feeling of uneasiness the readed may experience, when 'bottled' into a routine. The way you put your thoughts into words is apparently simple but at the same time, somewhat elegant: rhymes are good and not forced, even if (I believe) you probably had an hard time finding the proper words/sounds.
I like the way you introduce the reader to his/her own prison, a prison he/she may not even consider as real: confortable certainties. You even mention some brands (Google, Waze :D ) and I believe it is great, because it sounds more realistic and relatable.
But most of all, I like the message behind this poem: doubt, try new ways, surprise yourself.
Great, absolutely great.
Just one remark, if I may: beware of using excessively the repetition technique. It works fine once or twice (if in a long poem), but it spoils the musicality when applied at close distance and for many verses.
I'm talking about the last two sonnets ("Misdirection ..." and "Let one..."). I'd honestly suggest you to reduce the 6 'Misdirection...' into 4 or even 2 and shrink the 'Let one...' to just 2.
Of course it's just a suggestion and of the most negligible kind.
For the rest, I consider this poem one of the most interesting and profound of the last times.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I really like this, it so fits with what is going on with my life right now. I am not a professional reviewer but I do enjoy good writing when I can get a hold of it and I like yours. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


i love it!!!!!!! I love the creative entrance of the poem. keep up the great work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nice man ...................

Posted 6 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

505 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 31, 2017
Last Updated on October 31, 2017

Author


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..