Night Time in My Mind

Night Time in My Mind

A Story by Robby DeLuca
"

Yet another thing for today. I just like putting out stories, and it is my way of apologizing for my hiatus.

"
Sometimes, at night, I think of many things before I drift off into the land of sleep. Life, love, happiness, music, what I plan to do. But most of all, I think of her. The way she lights up my life more than anything in the world, and how no matter what she makes me happy. I have many fantasies about what life will be like without her, and what would happen if I married her, and many other things. I think of ways not to lose her, and I think of ways that I could make her happy.
Then, after I finish that, I begin a sort of waking dream, where I can be anything I want. Sometimes, I'm the hero of a grand adventure, off to save the beautiful, almost ethereal maiden locked away in her tower by an evil sorcerer. Other times, I'm a man like John McClane, saving my country more than once from the bad guy. And still others, I dream about what my life will be in the future. These are the most beautiful dreams. I see her in them, and we are together and happy. I see a beautiful little girl with us, and I think I can guess who she is. And sometimes I see a quiet house, with myself, and her, and that beautiful little girl, and we are all roughhousing and laughing and happy. 
But then there are the darker dreams, where I'm stuck in a hellish war, or I am dying, over and over until I wake up. I like to avoid remembering those. Those dreams that I am in mortal terror, but no matter what, I can't scream. And that I why I don't like sleeping, not just because life is more beautiful than sleep when you are madly in love, but also because those dreams happen more often.
But I don't mind the insomnia, in fact, I quite like it. It gives me much more time in the day to write and do other things I love. Like sit and talk about all the nice dreams with the woman in them, and smile and laugh, and do what I saw in those dreams and strive to do.

© 2013 Robby DeLuca


Author's Note

Robby DeLuca
This is one of those random prose stories I'll do on occasion, ignore it if it doesn't make any sense.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm guessing most people have these thoughts and dreams. And it makes sense to me lol. good job:)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Added on January 25, 2013
Last Updated on January 25, 2013
Tags: Night Time in My Mind, Robby DeLuca

Author

Robby DeLuca
Robby DeLuca

Sophia, WV



About
I am a 17 year old writer from West Virginia, trying to get more fans around here, and to let other writers read my work. Thank you for reading my stuff! If you like what you see here, check out my st.. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by Robby DeLuca