First snowfall of the year.

First snowfall of the year.

A Story by hydlove

Today, the snow falls in Winnipeg for the first time this year. The snow brings back memories to me.
I am currently doing a research for a presentation and this mug of latte is making me feel toasty. Ai is studying in front of me. She is an exchange student from Japan who I met just a month ago, and surprisingly I feel comfortable with her more than some of my friends I met already months ago. I think I will feel very lonely when she departs for Japan this december. Ai has become a very good friend to me.
I remember the first time I came to Canada and the first time I witnessed a snow touch the ground. 
At first I was frightened to even step out the door. I was at a foreign land and strange things were happening around me. What was the snow made out of? Where is it coming from? How does it form in the sky? It was all too overwhelming for me. Everything was new. A new city, a new language, a new life.
And now here I am, sitting in a cafe shop writing about my past. Now, I am a university student who is on her way to become an english teacher. Even though I have been here for a long time, I still feel as if I am a new person everyday. I feel as if I am a different person looking at myself from another perspective. The more I look at it this way, the more I realize how far I have gone and that I still have a long road ahead of me. 
There are many things that do not go our way and we each have our difficulties in life. However, no matter how hard a situation may become, I will never give up because I know for a fact that these things shall soon come to pass. 
Today, the snow falls.

© 2012 hydlove


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Canada, I miss it so much.

And I thoroughly enjoyed this. It's rare when I read writing of others' and like it.

I love this, really.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 4, 2012
Last Updated on October 4, 2012
Tags: personal, snow, cold, ideas

Author

hydlove
hydlove

Canada



About
I am a university student from Winnipeg and I am planning to declare my major on English in the near future. more..

Writing
Thanksgiving Thanksgiving

A Story by hydlove