what happened

what happened

A Poem by Mikayla Rasmussen
"

a poem about child hood faerytales.

"
What Happened.
what happened to the girl on the other side of the looking glass?

what happened to the boy who never grows up?

what happened to the hero who fought monsters to save a damsel  in distress?

what happened to the prince the princess and dress?

what happened to the glass slipper, the mice, the pumpkin carriage, the girl, the fairy godmother, the dress, and the stroke of a midnight whim?

what happened to the girl in pigtails and curls, the dolls, books, and all?

what happened to hope and wishes and dreams come true?

what happened to true love, happy endings, and hope?

what happened?

© 2012 Mikayla Rasmussen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What happened to our fairytales indeed... This poem is quite sad, because as we grow up, we do tend to lose all that was magic in our lifes as kids...! Well done!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KT
Amazing. It always seems like childhood slips away, and it takes the fairy-tales with it. I always try to believe and hope though, that there's a prince out there for every girl, and a princess for every guy. And a happy ending can be achieved if you try hard enough. Just gotta be a child at heart! Awesome job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Roy
Lovely! You made me recollect the day I realized I had lost my childhood somewhere along the way.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love it :) And you know what happend? They are all gone. Saddly but true :/

Posted 11 Years Ago


really done. loved every line

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2012
Last Updated on March 19, 2012