Dreams

Dreams

A Poem by The Seeker of Thoughts
"

Where did they go?

"
What do we really see.
Look into a mirror.
Do you see the person you aimed to be?

We forget ourselves.
Placing our dreams to be forgotten on dusty shelves.
We stop expanding, stop growing.
Killing our futures without ever knowing.

Dreams have disappeared.
When did people become so afeared?

© 2017 The Seeker of Thoughts


Author's Note

The Seeker of Thoughts
Please be as critical as you feel needed. All opinions are welcome and wanted.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This offering makes a very good point. Many, if not most of us abandon our dreams at some point, put it all on automatic pilot and watch as the light fades away. Certainly some of the more unrealistic dreams of youth can be jettisoned, but too many of us let it all go. Poems like this one remind us that we may have put it in park too soon. Good work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind words.



Reviews

This is a GREAT poem with so much truth and depth. The only thing that took away from the impact for me was the last word... "afeared" is an archaic version of "afraid" and because the rest of the poem is in more common and modern English it is out of place and reduces the "POW" of the final question. Sorry to bring it up, I am merely critiquing as you asked. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


I think Life intervenes and tames and other choose to pigeon-hole us and we gradually shrink from the fearless stance afforded by youth.
Good job.

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading my friend.
Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

Oh you are very welcome indeed friend.
:)
What a powerful, contemplative glimpse that reaches into each of us. I wonder sometimes if we stop dreaming because too many dreams have died or if trying to become all we have desired steals our energy. In some ways it is too easy to give up on dreaming. Yes, we must face the future with a fearless courage.

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. The future is always changing so we must be able to adapt ourselves and our d.. read more
An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

So very true. May you find a clarity with every weaving, wandering path.
You're right, even short writings can provoke thought.
Many people know it's never too late to start pursuing their dreams, but so many never take the first step.
I wonder what it is that holds so many people back.

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Perhaps it is the success at their dreams they fear. Often times people who achieve their goals forg.. read more
Few see real face. We accept less and live for things easy and simple to reach and touch. I like the deep thoughts and questions brought to life by your words. I believe it is not fear. More laziness for forgetting old dreams. Thank you for sharing your words and thoughts. I liked this one.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


This offering makes a very good point. Many, if not most of us abandon our dreams at some point, put it all on automatic pilot and watch as the light fades away. Certainly some of the more unrealistic dreams of youth can be jettisoned, but too many of us let it all go. Poems like this one remind us that we may have put it in park too soon. Good work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind words.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2017
Last Updated on September 21, 2017

Author

The Seeker of Thoughts
The Seeker of Thoughts

GA



About
I am like you. I am an architect of thoughts. I am no lesser and no greater than any of you. I want to read all that people write. For even the shortest of writings can provoke thoughts. Let us all wr.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..