Life

Life

A Poem by The Seeker of Thoughts
"

Even when it forces us to the ground we have to fight.

"
I wince in pain. His fist on my face.
Bleeding, I continue with my pace.
A hook connects to my jaw.
My knees buckle and I fall.
I want to stay down.
Thoughts of laying on the ground.
Again I am hit.
My memory clicks, 
I refuse to quit.
I force myself onto my feet.
I tell myself not to be beat. 
This eternal battle has left me scarred.
But my mind is determined. No matter how far.
Scared and in pain I continue to fight.
He beats me all day and through the night.
Angered with me he pulls a knife.
Perhaps I should let him end my strife?
Yet I refuse to lose to life.

© 2017 The Seeker of Thoughts


Author's Note

The Seeker of Thoughts
Please be as critical as you feel needed. All opinions are welcome and wanted.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The rhyming, to me, almost seems forced. HOWEVER, for what it is telling, it almost seems to fit. I wish that this piece in itself hit harder, but it is a story that holds it's own weight in it's own right simply for the content being written. I wonder why the partner is angered though? I do like the opposing conflict of whether or not to wish to live, or to let it go. Ultimately, the person chooses to live- implying that they are a fighter. I also wonder how they are fighting, if they are taking the beating physically without physically fighting back. Are they mentally fighting themself to keep going? Is that also why the statements of opposing thoughts was written? Either way it is a heavy piece with a lot of meaning behind it, and for that, in it's own respect, it is beautiful regardless.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Very beautiful and inspiring. Well described the struggle between wanting to end the pain yet keep fighting inspite of it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. I am glad you enjoyed it.
The fight to hold on to life. A place needed to know. If we must decide life or death. Most people fight to live. I liked the honest tone and the directness of the words. Realistic feel and emotions in the words. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

It is my pleasure. Thank you for reading.
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Every line here makes its mark. Straight to the gut. You have placed your point across exceptionally. I feel one must fight off all violence. Take the brute to law, to his end.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind words and for reading. I too believe violence must be fought off.
DIVYA

6 Years Ago

Yes it must be and one has to be strong to fight it. You are so welcome always.
A rousing poem.
Uplifts and encourages.
Meaningful read!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind words and for reading.
This poem is amazing. It is also uplifting. I would recommend this to anyone who feels like giving up. Great poem keep it up.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind words my friend and thank you for reading.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 25, 2017
Last Updated on September 25, 2017

Author

The Seeker of Thoughts
The Seeker of Thoughts

GA



About
I am like you. I am an architect of thoughts. I am no lesser and no greater than any of you. I want to read all that people write. For even the shortest of writings can provoke thoughts. Let us all wr.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Forever Forever

A Poem by Blue