Thoughts of People Insane: The Angel of Death

Thoughts of People Insane: The Angel of Death

A Poem by The Seeker of Thoughts
"

The thoughts of Charles Edmund Cullen A.K.A. The Angel of Death.

"
I am here for greater things.
Only I can end suffering.
Hospital to hospital my shadow grows
Reaping lives, nobody knows.
My wings spread out wide.
Shhhhh... 
Do not cry.
Look them in the eyes, 
Let them know it is alright.
I wipe tears from their faces
I'm only bringing death's graces.
Hand around neck squeeze and choke.
Mouth forced open shove pills down throat.
Kicking, flailing, fighting for life,
I wish you understood I am ending strife.
A sound beneath, a sickening shudder,
Heart had popped under fleshy cover.
Letting go of his neck,
Start looking for who to save next.
I must end all suffering until none is left.
That is my job as Angel of Death.
 

© 2017 The Seeker of Thoughts


Author's Note

The Seeker of Thoughts
Please be as critical as you feel needed. All opinions are welcome and wanted. I have decided to make a series of these dark poems. I hope you enjoy. Also, I have changed the name to Thoughts of People Insane. I will soon be including women in these as well. If you have any ideas on who I should do next let me know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Cullen an angel in any way or of anything ...no. I don't feel this as a dark or personal motivational work - our own darknesses beg understanding and ...living... with. It came across as a trite and simplistic Hollywood or video game typecast froufrou of another Freddy Krueger sequel. There was NO shock value either, just a head shaking sadness.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

The point of these writings is not to shock the reader because we already know what happened to Cull.. read more
Chris

6 Years Ago

Sometimes "points of intent" are murky in another's eyes. The media defined and assigned him a sens.. read more



Reviews

Cullen an angel in any way or of anything ...no. I don't feel this as a dark or personal motivational work - our own darknesses beg understanding and ...living... with. It came across as a trite and simplistic Hollywood or video game typecast froufrou of another Freddy Krueger sequel. There was NO shock value either, just a head shaking sadness.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

The point of these writings is not to shock the reader because we already know what happened to Cull.. read more
Chris

6 Years Ago

Sometimes "points of intent" are murky in another's eyes. The media defined and assigned him a sens.. read more
This is one gloomy and scary poem. New Jersey has had its gruesome deaths and injustices in the past. I think you've captured his psychopathic personality good here with an almost comforting character to his demonic doings.

Who you should do next? Cropsy comes to mind but that may be a bit obscure and difficult to do. Hmm? I'll have to think about that.

Great poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and for the suggestion.
This is an emotional one.
I really enjoyed the rhyme scheme. It's a super deep topic, but you make it feel light hearted and almost joyful. It really puts the reader in the shoes of something inevitable and helps to comfort them.
Great work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading.
Refer to author's note:
I specially like the first title "Thought of man insane."
I looked at the "man" as addressed to a singular mind. Now that you have changed the title, i now understand that you actually referred to "people" and specially "men" gender.

i loved the art that the whole work was addressed to "man" "one mind" so to speak and anyone who fit into the description. It defines the whole concept in a part. But if you choose to make it part in a whole, the whole frame should not be defined by the title - whether men, women, or children. Leave it at "people".

My review is on the title. I will love to look into this poem through the eyes of the title.

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. Just so I can understand it more. You are saying you like the change correct?
Mirror

6 Years Ago

i only refer to the change in title.... my review is on the title. i have read the work before. but .. read more
Death is powerful force and you , as the agent of death is the liberator! Extraordinary!

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading
This is the ultimate toughie. Once upon a time the doc would give extra morphine to end your suffering. This was accepted. But now we're all commodities. The dots have to be crossed. Though if we did this to a dog, we'd be prosecuted.

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading.
Such a dark write....the Angel of Death going from one sick person to another ending their suffering and snuffing out their last breath. Actually, for some it is a blessing when Death arrives. Powerful words. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading.
A great rescuer on a noble misssion. The sooner we accept death as a release from the earthly pain and tribulation, the easier will be our time as mortals. This is amazing poetry my friend!

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading
Indeed a nice piece I must say.. Sounds like things the Elitist has set. Enjoyed it a lot.

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Angel of death. A needed person to lead us to the final place we may go. I liked the honest and realistic tone in the words. I believe there is a Angel of death. Thank you for sharing the thoughts provoking poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read these.
The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read these.
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

575 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 28, 2017
Last Updated on September 28, 2017

Author

The Seeker of Thoughts
The Seeker of Thoughts

GA



About
I am like you. I am an architect of thoughts. I am no lesser and no greater than any of you. I want to read all that people write. For even the shortest of writings can provoke thoughts. Let us all wr.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Burying 2020 Burying 2020

A Poem by Gee