Don't fight for your gay.

Don't fight for your gay.

A Poem by Chandler bing
"

Just read it thats all i want to say.

"
Don't fight for your gay



Why is being homosexual not nice?
Because bible says its a vice
Who wrote the bible?
I ask with submissive intent,
he says Shepherds,physicians and doctors,
Were those men god?
I inquire facetiously,
No, but they were inspired by lord.


those fanatics says that we have sinned,
but their beloved book says one more thing,
person with no sin may carve the first stone,
have you never commited a sin I ask?
A straight sullen face is all they got.
We have been here since ages,
So why is it taking so long to get over it,
From mughals to milk,
We were there in historys every ink.

We never demanded for extra rights,
So why does it have to be a fight?
We live in the year 2014,
it's a shame i still have to write this thing.


© 2015 Chandler bing


Author's Note

Chandler bing
evemthough i am not homosexual,i feel a strong affinity towards the gay community...i have been wanting to write something for a while but no topic excited me to pick a pen up...so i waited....now after a few months and doing some research on the matter both online and offline i have come up with this...i have not written this to change your beliefs on this matter but start a debate for those who think this is unnatural and then decide for yourself.

Ps: this is not targetted specially against any specific religion.It is just pitted against our own our understanding of our fellow brothers and sisters.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love it! Being gay myself I thank you for being open minded and believing in change for a community you aren't in- I respect you! I love the poem, the 3rd stanza provoked a 'f**k yeah' response from me. I loved the link to History, I thought about the countless homosexual writings from the world war poets- true greats! Thanks again for speaking out loud and sharing something you believe in, I hope this inspires others!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chandler bing

9 Years Ago

thank you so much your words mean so much to me.. :)
Alex

9 Years Ago

You're very welcome and very deserving of it!
AJ



Reviews

This is a brilliant and thought-provoking poem.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Very good! I enjoyed reading very much!

Posted 7 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very good. The power of your words are excellent. It is sad we still have to write. but this is a piece that will help us all take a step in the right direction. great work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Beautiful piece of work. Beautiful, inspiring and very moving. I am a Bisexual, myself and I sick and tired of seeing all the hate and discrimination towards the LBGT community. I really appreciate the fact that someone else is standing up for what they think is right and that it is not just us.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This one is so full of unanswered questions and especially in a society like ours where being a gay is equivalent to a crime. I appreciate your sincere effort to put up a question. We all need to change the way we perceive the society. all of us are different and none of us can actually afford to be judgemental about that.. Great work Chandler :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


"We have been here since ages, " - This is a horrible line please revise it!!

Overall the piece is brilliant I love the topic and the flow, some punctuation needs editing as it looks a little rushed.

Well written thanks for sharing

Posted 9 Years Ago


This hits hard, doesn't it. Just proves that people have a tendency to reject what seems to be unnatural or immoral by what they've been raised by. I'm not surprised that people still have to fight for things like this, try to prove that it's a way of life no worse than any other and there's nothing bad about it. It's because the apple is afraid to roll far from the tree, but the greatest sprouts are those that do go far away. One thing that humanity needs to learn is to not force personal memes and tropes (Used by actual definition, not internet ones.) onto their children.

In regards of the poem itself, it's quite well written, easy to read, thorough and hard hitting. Very good.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really liked this poem! It raises questions for debate, which I always think is a good idea.
I love the strong finish:
"We never demanded for extra rights,
So why does it have to be a fight?
We live in the year 2014,
it's a shame i still have to write this thing. "

Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


very well expressed and your words have the feeling that can melt the mountain...

Posted 9 Years Ago


"We never demanded for extra rights,
So why does it have to be a fight?
We live in the year 2014,
it's a shame i still have to write this thing. "
very powerful..
that's all i can say ..

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1662 Views
62 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 6, 2014
Last Updated on January 25, 2015
Tags: Gays, tabboo, homosexuals, sexual orientation.


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Tate Morgan