Problems of the heart

Problems of the heart

A Poem by rosalie

I’m scared to fall in love, scared to fall too fast, because every time I fall in love it never seems to last. I feel like I’m never good enough for the person I’m with, that I’ll let them down. That I will continue to f**k up, that I don’t deserve what I have. The last thing I want is someone to get hurt because of me but that continues to happen. I don’t know how to stop it. I don’t know how to let people in. My walls are too thick. My heart is too hard. I don’t trust people to see me broken. I put on a mask. I fake an identity everyday so I don’t get looks of pity from my friends or family. I don’t want them to see that I’m hurting. People say a guy breaks their heart. But when your own mother breaks it you don’t bounce back as easily. I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t know who to go to. So instead I stay in the corner quiet and fractured. I don’t let people in I push them out.

© 2018 rosalie


Author's Note

rosalie
please tell me your thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ola
I love this. I have been feeling like this for a short while and seeing it so simply stated is refreshing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Honest expression is a great start. You did just that. Good job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


A troubled poem from a troubled soul.you feel alone but you are not alone.others like myself will read this and understand.even more so for you.i hope things get better soon

Posted 6 Years Ago


This was C, btw. (And because we need at least 25 characters to submit something I'm adding this little line)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Damn, this was compelling from beginning to end. I think a lot of people feel this way, or at the very least I do! So you've found a soul sister in me lol. I feel like I'm always saying these things to myself like I don't trust people not to hurt me and I don't want people to put their trust in me because I will most likely hurt them and I don't want them to resent me for that. I'm sure some therapist would have fun unpacking that whole idea lol. But anyway, I appreciated this because it makes me feel less alone - and less crazy/selfish/pitiful. Thanks.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 15, 2018
Last Updated on February 18, 2018

Author

rosalie
rosalie

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Ive always loved writing but I've never had the confidence to share my work, until one day a friend told me to be an island in a world of continents. they told me to be myself and not worry about what.. more..

Writing
Safe Safe

A Poem by rosalie


I need you I need you

A Poem by rosalie