Writer's Block

Writer's Block

A Story by Rose Elizabeth
"

Not as silly or annoying as you might think. Fit to the burst with sybolism!

"

 

                I looked around at the room I knelt in, at the pale white walls, and the creaking old wood floors. I clasped my hands tight around my arms and bent my head into my knees. There was nothing in that room, nothing but a mirror. There was nothing left for me anymore, I could feel the life drain from my body. I stood in an unsteady way, shuffling from side to side. Tears started running down my face as I stared in the mirror. I couldn’t remember anything but I saw everything in that mirror. What I was, what I had been, and what I could be. My only problem: how to get there. I turn around to face an old wood door. It looked as if it belonged in some medieval castle, as if a knight could pop out at any moment, I knew better. There was a huge iron lock on the doorknob with the old fashion key hole and a wood plank that blocked others from going in. I don’t know what might save me, there are no windows so I can’t even tell what events might lead to the vision in the mirror, I don’t even know if I will crack the lock or someone will bust the door down. I don’t even know if I will ever get out, if that vision in the future is just a dream, a life I wish I could have. Here though I waste my time thinking of ways to get out when I should be doing the math homework that just plopped down on the floor next to me. I open my lips to scream but I find my voice is missing. Now I’ll be stuck in this monotonous cage for God knows how long, suffering in my head only and afraid to tell anyone how sick I really am for fear that they will point in laugh. I’ll sit and wait till someone knocks on the door and takes my hand and shows me that there never were any walls in the first place. When I step out and look at the little room I used to sob in I will say: “I knew it all along, there were no walls, that was so simple, if only I’d known how to get out long ago…” I will smile and leave and walk into the dark of infinity.

© 2009 Rose Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Maddening, isn't it?

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. Extremely great detail. When I read the first few lines I got shivers up my spine. Captured the reader. And a big meaning. I really liked reading this piece ^_^ continue writing!

~Weaza~

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2009

Author

Rose Elizabeth
Rose Elizabeth

AL



About
I'm a chocoholic who loves to laze around. Thankfully I'm not fat yet! I suck at grammer and spelling so please don't insult me for it! I love music and movies and I totaly think school is a dra.. more..

Writing
trial trial

A Story by Rose Elizabeth


Capture Capture

A Chapter by Rose Elizabeth