Stranger

Stranger

A Story by Rose Elizabeth
"

Just what the title suggests, seeing if it's worth continuing

"

Sitting alone in one of the bookstores comfy arm chairs seemed to me to be one of the most pathetic was I could possibly spend my Friday evening. Ignoring my shame I walked proudly into the store and made a sharp right. I looked through the magazines searching for something more deep than the latest Hollywood breakup/affair and Hanna Montana’s scandalous new music video. Deciding to go for something informing I picked up the latest National Geographic.

Now to dodge the people and pray the seat I wanted was open and I didn’t look like a complete fool. Just my luck they were both occupied. With a sigh I went to the café area, great back to the work place. Yes it’s true: I love the bookstore so much I just had to work there, even if it was only the café. I sat at the only free table next to the large front windows. I find my mind delve into an article on the majestic eagle.

“Um… hello,” I was brought back to earth by the small voice.

“Oh, yes,” I sighed as I put down the magazine.

“I was wondering whether this seat was taken,” he motioned towards the seat opposite me.

“Oh…” I gasped, then realizing this boy had interrupted me simply to get a chair. “Nope,” I said in a somewhat agitated voice pulling my magazine back up. He sat down in the seat right before I could get deep into the article again.

“What are you doing?” I asked incredulously.

“Sitting,” he said coolly. My eyes went back to the magazine but I could scarcely concentrate. He wasn’t reading anything but he had a vanilla bean frapachino. I allowed a small smile when I remembered that was my friend’s favorite drink. My attention then turned to his looks. His hair was black, wavy and sort of long, down to his shoulders. His skin was rather pale and his lips were thin. His eyes were focused outside the window watching the cars go by. They were a light blue… that’s when I realized that I shouldn’t be looking into his eyes like that even if he’d just sat down across from me at the very small café table. He wore a crisp, white, collared long-sleeved shirt. He had on black slacks and his shoes were shiny black dress shoes.

“Why so dressed up?” I asked with a sigh, resigned to the fact that I would share this table; I was just too lazy to care.

“No reason,” he sighed giving me a quick glance before he looked out the window again. I watched him for a moment and then tried to read the magazine.

“So bald eagles?” he chuckled.

“Yep,” I giggled back.

“Is it really that interesting?” he laughed.

“Not really,” I sighed, “just something to do.”

“What a girl like you not have a date tonight?” he asks. I look up to find nothing but seriousness in his eyes.

“Actually here I am with you,” I giggled, “Here to answer all your personal questions.” I laughed harder when he gave a broad smile.

“Wonderful,” he laughs when I stop. With a quick giggle I blush and look around the room. The room is filled with chatting but no one seems to be turned our way. I look back at him but again he’s watching out the window. I go back to reading this time an article on some mummy.

“Are you sure you should be reading that without paying for it?” he asks suddenly looking at me again.

“Oh… yeah I guess I shouldn’t… wait how do you know I didn’t pay for it?”

“No bag,” he shrugs.

“What if I asked not to have a bag?”

“Well you said you shouldn’t so now we both know for sure that you never bought it,” he smiles at me.

“What about you, don’t you have a date?” I laugh after a quick pause.

“I will answer the same you did, I am here to answer all your personal questions,” he laughed.

“Nice,” is all I can think to say. My smile fades and I turn back to the book. God, he had looked me over too. How could he not have and still notice that I didn’t have a bag.

“Well are you going to pay for that?” he teases, I can see it on the smile across his face.

“Nope,” was all I could say. In a rush I picked up my purse and walk back to the stand where I found the magazine. I looked over my shoulder and shuddered inwardly as he followed. I put it back and worked my way to the center aisle.

“It was just a question, you don’t have to storm off,” he comforted trying to keep up with me.

“Maybe I didn’t like the question,” I sighed as I walked past the customer service desk and stopped at the young adult section.

“Well maybe I won’t ask the question again,” he muttered. “You can’t tell me you still read from this section?” he asked incredulously.

“Yes as a matter of fact I do, if you have a problem with that why don’t you go sit back in the café?” I snapped.

© 2010 Rose Elizabeth


Author's Note

Rose Elizabeth
please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really thought this story was good, i was intrigued the whole time and I'd like to know to know more about this mysterious man :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Added on July 5, 2010
Last Updated on July 5, 2010

Author

Rose Elizabeth
Rose Elizabeth

AL



About
I'm a chocoholic who loves to laze around. Thankfully I'm not fat yet! I suck at grammer and spelling so please don't insult me for it! I love music and movies and I totaly think school is a dra.. more..

Writing
trial trial

A Story by Rose Elizabeth


Capture Capture

A Chapter by Rose Elizabeth