Amorphous Love

Amorphous Love

A Poem by Roshan Nair
"

This piece is an ode to our passions, that truly act as our keepers in our times of joy, despair, anxiety and sadness. I think we poets shall relate most to this piece.

"

Walk over and see what I’ve done,

I haven’t seen the sun rise a day.

I can see it like a reel rolls as the old movies play,

Can you too see what I have called the sun?

 

I didn’t need the air to breathe,

I wonder if there’s still a need.

Who came and sowed this seed,

Only god can find now what’s lying beneath.

 

Can you play the role again my love,

Like a broken dream on the wings of a dove.

I’ll see you fly again someday.

 

I think I’ve found what I know is true,

I can’t see or smell but I know it’s you,

In a foggy dream I’ll maybe see you in some way.

 

The misty eyes don’t lie for too long,

To give way to the tune of the dawns coming.

Like the sight of light to a man that is drowning,

You came to me softly like a cherubs’ song.

 

You found me a home to call my own,

I became yours and yours alone.

I cannot comprehend this tone,

What it is you’re playing in my heart is unknown.

 

You left once and came again,

Let this not be a trend,

I know it’s you but not this way,

And to this day, I still don’t know why.

 

Just never leave me, however you be,

You’re truly my soul and all I need on a broken day,

to be consoled and reincarnate.

 

Can you play this role again my dear,

Like a new born dream on the wings of a dove.

I’m seeing you as I leave this shore today.

 

I always knew I’ve found what’s true,

I can’t see or smell but I know it’s you,

As I open my eyes to this day, I know I’ll find a way...


Written By Roshan Nair
 Copyright © 2015 Roshan Nair

© 2015 Roshan Nair


Author's Note

Roshan Nair
I started off as an painter, then moved into music to digital art, and now poetry.
Now as I look back through my journey, I realize that my most proudest as well as humblest moments have been because of my passions at each stage.

There's so much of ourselves that only our passions can bring out that conventional work or words can never think of evincing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your words are symbolic and yes easy relatable I think when one knows passion is what nourishes the soul and nourishing the soul can bring one peace then we have more answers than most will even ever question.

I believe that in a society such as the one we have created it takes a certain strength to remain strong and stand by the side of our passions - quite often they are easily ridiculed by those that do no understand exactly where they stem from - but in the remaining stoic and within the gentle nurturing we ourselves are given the gift of understanding just that little bit more.

Your words give cause for thought and reflection, something I myself always look for in a poem - Nice One XX

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Roshan Nair

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review and im so glad you liked it :) I completely agree with your opinion.. read more



Reviews

Hope is what is a man's escape from all troubles and despair. The need to holding onto that during all tough times is what makes us want to believe that no matter what comes and goes, we will find a way...

The way you have described the girl from the poem being the home of the poet... a place where he could return to in times of sadness is really beautiful. Even after being abandoned once, hoping that she would return to him... hoping that they would find a way...

Hope that the girl gives the poet... becoming his escape from despair and saving him from getting lost.
It is a really nice feeling...

The way the poet wishes for her to once again become the support that ha pushed him through troublesome times.....

"Can you play this role again my dear,
Like a new born dream on the wings of a dove.
I’m seeing you as I leave this shore today." ........................... really captured my heart.

Which is why the title you choose.... Amorphous Love.. it sounds very fitting.
Beautiful poem. Great job! :)



Posted 8 Years Ago


I liked the flow this peek. Lovely use of adjectives. I liked your word choices. I definitely want to read more of your work. Thanks for sharing.

WB

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lovely poem very romantic and a nice flow

Posted 9 Years Ago


One of a few longer writings I do enjoy from the beginning to the end. very powerful and well written:)!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Everything remains incomplete without passion, your journey involved creative aspects and think is you can use any of them the way you want. You can paint or write about them or can make a chord from inner cacophony. This is how we use best of ourselves and this is how passion play.

Posted 9 Years Ago


your feeling of being incomplete without the love of your life brings the work alive...
Words well written, great expression.. I like your determination to find the way back...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Roshan Nair

9 Years Ago

Thank you :) Glad you liked the style and expressions. I appreicate your kind review. cheers
you are so much the complete poet Roshan, this one of such passion is the sign of coming of age, stand by your belief, its the the right way to go :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Roshan Nair

9 Years Ago

Thanks alot richard, those words mean a lot to me and I will always strive to do that..my passions a.. read more
The misty eyes don’t lie for too long,
To give way to the tune of the dawns coming.
Like the sight of light to a man that is drowning,
You came to me softly like a cherubs’ song.

Wonderful penning:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Roshan Nair

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot pryde :) Im glad you liked the work :) cheers
The nature of man. Always holding on to hope.
"I always knew I’ve found what’s true,
I can’t see or smell but I know it’s you,
As I open my eyes to this day, I know I’ll find a way..."
I liked the ending. I went back three times to one woman. Didn't work out. I believe few second chances at love can work out. I enjoyed the poem. You made me think this late morning.
Coyote




Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Roshan Nair

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot john, Im glad you empathized with the piece, yes second chances are a funny thing... bu.. read more
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
I like the story it tells!
Well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Roshan Nair

9 Years Ago

Thank you emily
!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1026 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 24, 2015
Last Updated on February 28, 2015
Tags: passions

Author

Roshan Nair
Roshan Nair

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
Hey, I am Roshan, I am a poet, writer, musician and artist. I love poetry and it has gotten the best of my creative side off late. I sincerely hope you folks enjoy checking my content out and let m.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


SKY ROARING SKY ROARING

A Poem by Latifa