Fairground Fun

Fairground Fun

A Story by rr458
"

A simple trip to the fairground turns out a little differently for Jess.

"
Jess walked through the crowds of the fairground breathing in the smells of candyfloss and burgers. She knew what she was looking for, she just had to find it. She couldn’t hear her friends planning to go on the bumper cars, she didn’t hear them when they left to go on them, she was too busy finding what she wanted.

As she questioned whether she was too old for it now, she found what she was looking for. The carousel! There wasn’t a long que and surprisingly there was no fee. She clambered on to a horse and the ride began.

Round and round the carousel spun getting faster and faster. At the fastest point something happened. Nobody realised apart from Jess. A door on the floor opened with a small squeak. Without knowing what she was truly doing, she jumped down from her stead and clambered down through the door.

When Jess first saw the door, she thought it must be some kind of control room, but when she landed on a cool forest floor, she knew she had found something magical.

Jess got up onto her feet and took in her surroundings. She was in a magnificent jungle. The sun shoot through gaps in the trees, fairies danced around her! A lion strolled past as if she wasn’t even there.

Jess looked up to where she had come from and she saw a beautiful blue sky. Then it hit her. How do I get out?
She couldn’t see the door, nor did she know where she was. Panic stricken she fell to the floor. Ignoring the beauty of the place she had found, she began to cry.

The fairies stopped dancing as the first tear hit the floor, the lion walked back past but this time growled and moaned. The sun stopped shining.

Jess still cried on, not noticing the sudden changes all around her. The grass of the floor suddenly turned into a dull greyish white. Then the grass was gone, leaving behind just a plain grey floor.

The trees shrank down and completely vanished.

As soon as Jess realised what was happening, a staircase fell from the sky, leading up to one big door.

Hoping to find that the door led to her normal world, Jess climbed the stairs. When she finally reached the top, she realised a big fairy was guarding the door.

“ You brought the first sign of sadness to our land. Sadness is not tolerated. Now you must leave, return home and then we all can get back to our normal lives.” The fairy boomed and then she vanished.

The door swung open and Jess, without hesitation, climbed through it. 

There she was. Back on her horse, still spinning as if nothing had ever happened!

Jess without waiting for the ride to stop jumped from her horse and ran. She ran through the crowds straight to the bumper cars, where her friends were waiting in the que.

She interrupted all their conversations and told them all what had happened. Unfortunately, nobody ever believed her……………

© 2012 rr458


Author's Note

rr458
Constructive criticism please? Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on April 11, 2012
Last Updated on April 11, 2012
Tags: Jess, Fairground, Carousel

Author

rr458
rr458

United Kingdom



About
I like to write. That's it really. I love reading and i want to be an author! more..

Writing
Look no further Look no further

A Story by rr458