The Chair Cat

The Chair Cat

A Poem by Rick Puetter
"

A spoof on my poem "The Ne'er King"

"


Author: superfem. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license. The original image may be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/superfem/3060950790/sizes/0/

 

 

 

Dear Reader,

 

     This poem is a spoof on my poem "The Ne'er King".  My wife and I currently have 13 cats, so I know whereof I speak.  Enjoy the piece.

 

          Rick

 

 

 

 

The Chair Cat

 
          Not just about any cat…
 
There in the chair the Chair Cat lies
He dreams of birds behind closed eyes
His feet faint kick, His head does twitch
He sleeps there safe, there in His niche
 
Most lazy, He, among His clique
Too tired, He, for hide and seek
There yawning mouth does open wide
No, He’ll not play, He has His pride!
 
He’ll answer not His name today
He’s resting there and there He’ll stay
He'll lay right there in Chair-Cat chair
Do what ' world will, He doesn't care
 
He snuggles there in pillow soft
His nose gives sniff, He smells scent waft
There turns, He, then His noble head
Then rests it back on His soft bed
 
He’ll dream sweet dreams, sport peaceful look
And but for sleep no thought He’ll brook
All day He’ll rest in luxury
There stretches He in majesty
 
Serene, with comforts He was filled!
No dog barks heard, no vermin killed
To rest there peaceful was His plan
The Chair Cat, He, chair’s biggest fan
 
 
 
©2009, Richard Puetter
All rights reserved

© 2013 Rick Puetter


Author's Note

Rick Puetter
Answering Sheila on the pronunciation of the word "clique". Ah yes, there are two pronunciation of the word "clique". Even my wife confronted me on this issue. However, the most common pronunctiation is "kleek" and so it rhymes with "seek". The secondary pronunciation is "klik", which doesn't rhyme, of course. I hope that clarifies things.

And while we're on pronunciation, we might as well tackle the other pronunciation issue of this poem, i.e., the word niche, which can be pronounced neech or nitch. Clearly I intend the later in this case to complete the rhyme.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Cats! We have a cat who lives with us as well and he his area and respects ours. When we give thanks for our meal he waits for us to give thanks for his then he eats. He does not have a cat litter in our home because he does his business outside and only comes in to sleep and eat. At dusk he leaves and comes back in the morning, waiting for the cycle to begin all over again. They sure are funny creatures.
TT-TTO-NI-K
Elk

Posted 14 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

LOVE LOVE LOVE and thank you for entering my contest....if you have anymore pet poems please enter them, as you can see, no one is running to my contest...also if you know of any of your friends who write about their pets passed or present, please encourage them to enter....thank you so much! Excellent write!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am very impressed by how were able to both dedicate crafted, measured, and well-flowing stanzas and a touch of humor to this poem. Having owned cats in the past, a few chuckles did escape my lips at your more than accurate portrait of our feline friends. An interesting change from the often sombre world of poetry.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is amazing! I have a cat and shes my life and this is amazing. You need to keep up the good work! This is absolutely perfect! Once Again amazing amazing amazing job!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


love this very well written congratulations!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this piece very very much :)
I really enjoyed reading it :)
I love the way it flows the rhyming was great as well.
The cat sounds adorable but as do most cats :)
It sounds like hes treated like a king and is loved very very much :)
Great write :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I cannot comment yet on this piece as it is still in voting. Thank you for submitting.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This reminds me of my cat, she just sits there and does nothing all day in our rocking chair. Ironically we named her Frisky. Anywhos, I thought this was adorable and captured the mindset of a cat pretty accurately.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Awh...I love cats and have a bunch myself. One of the oldest only moves to come eat...she would like me to bring it to her! Loved this, and the picture.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

And a fine feline is he.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this, I have 14 cats of my own so you had me at the title. I really loved this and how it displays the quirky but funny personality of cats. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

10 Years Ago

14 lol you lucky b***h! i wish i could have that many cats :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1981 Views
32 Reviews
Added on October 24, 2009
Last Updated on December 2, 2013

Author

Rick Puetter
Rick Puetter

San Diego, CA



About
So what's the most important thing to say about myself? I guess the overarching aspect of my personality is that I am a scientist, an astrophysicist to be precise. Not that I am touting science.. more..

Writing