Hearth and Home and Holidays

Hearth and Home and Holidays

A Poem by Rick Puetter
"

...sing, laugh, be merry...and cherish friends...

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photographer: _cck_ Catherine.  License for use: Creative Common 2.0 Generic.  The original photo can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/_cck_/3361118773/sizes/l/in/photostream/.

 

 

Hearth and Home and Holidays

        "...sing, laugh, be merry...and cherish friends..."

 

Oh, Hearth and Home and Holidays!

Now gather friends and let’s give praise!

In later years these are the days

To which we’ll fondly cling

 

The table’s set and love abounds

Around the room there’s ne’er a frown

We talk like fools and laugh like clowns

These days such pleasures bring!

 

So raise your cup, we’ll make a toast!

To all the ones we love the most

Now let’s sit down and carve the roast

We'll dine and drink like Kings!

 

Remember, too, the poor outside

Remember, too, the friends who’ve died

Our luck in life can’t be denied--

We’re rich in all good things

 

So once again, please raise your cup

We drank fine wine, in bounty supped

Of times like these, there’s ne’er enough

Bad moods away they fling

 

And when our friends do fin’ly go

About the house there’s still the glow

Of these, the best days we shall know

The air with friendship rings!

 

So, Hearth and Home and Holidays

These are the best--deserve our praise

And so, my friends, cherish these days

With joy and kinship sing!

 

 

 

©2010 Richard Puetter

All rights reserved

© 2012 Rick Puetter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is incredible! I cannot even emphasize how much I loved this enough for you to truely understand. Very wonderful and incredible. It was truely beautiful. I really enjoyed this and I hope to see more from you. You are a very talented writer and that is a very well talent to have. Don't ever let it go! This poem really got me thinking about life, and I could tell that's what you wanted. You wanted the emotion to drift through your words so smoothly to the reader and I could definetly feel the emotion throughout the poem. Nicely done and very well written! : )

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Well said, my friend! A significant chunk of the joy of this season is the fellowshipping with kin present, and reminiscing of friends passed. Write yourself a reminder to post this every December, though it's equally applicable to many seasons throughout the year!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rick, this is a right good and proper holiday poem if ever there was one. Not only does it cover all the bases, but it's a marvel of rhyme and meter. You should send it to Hallmark.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great first line not to mention title. I enjoyed the rhyme pattern and content.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is wonderfully written love. A beautiful song and dance throughout almost :)
It is elegant and charming, delightful in the manner that lost ones and less fortunate are remembered too.
It really allows the reader to feel the words as well read them! Cosy and enchanting work xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


What wonderful words, the feeling of them is just heart-warmingly beautiful and as ever, you write with a true poet's respect to form and meter.

'Remember, too, the poor outside
Remember, too, the friends who’ve died
Our luck in life can’t be denied--
We’re rich in all good things'

Your awareness of many others' needs, plus the absence of dear ones from your life, is something that really reaches my heart .. you're a true human being.

Wishing you and your lovely wife sweet smiles in 2011.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a warm holiday greeting .Makes my soul happy to see that others enjoy their lives I am tired of so much misery in the lives of some I know.i Just wanted to see if yours was as sweet as my own.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a delightful, uplifting, poem!! Penned with your amazing expertise, this wonderful lilting piece rings with the joy of love and friendship. Much enjoyed!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is particularly poignant for me, having an uncle who barely survived a house fire on Tuesday, December 21st. His wife and 12-year-old son were killed. He jumped from a second-story window and landed on his back. He had burns to his throat and lungs and had back surgery yesterday due to the injuries sustained.

I understand and appreciate the good tidings, but it makes me feel all the more sad for Kenny. He's heavily medicated and unaware that his wife and child didn't make it. I weep in every fiber of my being for him.

Love and appreciate all of those around you and enjoy every moment that you have together. We are never promised tomorrow.

Linda Marie

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A heartwarming and beautiful sentiment. A perfect holiday song...lovely...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5987 Views
39 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 23, 2010
Last Updated on June 18, 2012
Tags: holidays, family, love, food drink, celebration, good times, family value, life value

Author

Rick Puetter
Rick Puetter

San Diego, CA



About
So what's the most important thing to say about myself? I guess the overarching aspect of my personality is that I am a scientist, an astrophysicist to be precise. Not that I am touting science.. more..

Writing