Confessions of the Devil's Demon

Confessions of the Devil's Demon

A Story by Ryan Riley
"

Work and progress short story

"
The Priest sat in the confessional booth waiting to start confessions. He had expected nothing out of the ordinarily, just people to walk in and confess to him their sins and he would help lead them to the right direction of forgiveness in the eyes of the lord. The booth door had opened and he could hear someone sitting down. The priest felt an erie feeling that crept up his spine, sending a shiver through out his whole body. Something in the air felt much diffrent then before. He decided to ignore the feeling and continue. " Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. " Spoke the voice. The man's voice was unfamiliar to the priest, not that he knew everyone that confessed but he made it his duty to try and know everyone that attended the Mass that he served. This man's voice was a mystery to him. " Go ahead my son. " Said the Priest.
" Father, I killed a man . " Said the voice. The priest was in shock, he had never heard a confession like this in all of his 30 years of priesthood. Bound by the privacy of confession, he knew that he could not speak of this to anyone else. The only thing he could do was try and talk this man into turning himself in. " That's a mighty big sin, my son. I think maybe you should turn yourself in to… but before he could finish his sentence. " Silence! " Hissed the man. At this point it had become uncomfortably hot to the priest and he began sweating purfucily. "Let me finish. I know how much you priest like a good story. " Said the man.
" I killed this man years back. Hell, I cannot even tell you how long ago it was. " He chuckled to himself. " How I killed him is genius, if I say so myself. The first thing I did was befriend the poor soul. I had became quite close to him, you may say that I knew him even better then he knew himself. I got into his head, his heart and soul. Once you do this, you can break the strongest of willed people. " The priest became sick to his stomach from the man's voice, yet he was curious. " You ok, priest? Shall I continue? " Said the man. " Yes continue. " The priest replied.
" As I was saying, once you get into someone's head, it is very simple to bring fourth their destruction. When he was awake, I was there. If he was sleeping I was there, in his dreams. I became the one that he confided in. I took away his friends and loved ones, by whispering lies of doubt and hate into his ears. I told him that no one truly understood him or even cared for him. When he was at low points in his life, I made him feel worse. I crippled his faith and took his joy and love of life away. After awhile his appearance began to wither away, like his insides. I was there for his final breath, oh I was there father! I coached him into taking his own life. " Said the man.
The priest became in raged at this point. "YOUR A SNAKE, PURE EVIL. YOU ARE NOT HERE FOR FORGIVENESS! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO SOMEONE, GET INSIDE THEIR HEAD AND MANIPULATE THEM!" Shouted the Priest. " Easy! " Said the man." You have been speaking to me this whole time with out using your mouth. " The man laughed. The priest was puzzled, had they really been talking without even using their mouths. " No way! " Thought the Priest. " Yes way!" Said the man." I don't know how you are doing this, but I must urge you to turn yourself in! " Pleaded the Priest.
" In due time….priest. I'm sure I will have to answer for my sins." Said the man, who now sounded sorrowful. "What is the name of this man you killed? Please you must turn yourself in! " Begged the Priest. " There is only one problem priest, the man I killed…was me. " Whispered the voice. The priest felt his heart skip a beat and the hair on the back of neck stood tall. Suddenly there was a knock on the door of the booth." Father? Are you ok?" Called a voice from behind the booth door. It was the voice of the deacan.
The priest stood up and cracked open the door. "Father, are you feeling alright? You are very pale in the face." Said the deacan. "I didn't mean to bother you but the people were wondering if you were ready to start confession. They said you have been in there by yourself for about a half hour." Explained the deacan. The priest, who now looked confused slid the compartment door open to the booth, to find no one there. He closed the door and sat back down pondering the conversation he just had. "Was he losing his mind? Was there no one sitting beside him this whole time?" He thought to himself. He knew in his heart that what had happen was real. This confession got into his head, his heart and his soul. It tested his faith and love. This was a confession that would haunt his thoughts forever. This was the confession of a devil. No, this was a confession of the Devil's Demon

© 2015 Ryan Riley


Author's Note

Ryan Riley
I always indent at the start of a paragraph but when I save it here, it changes

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well constructed story. It raises the expectation quite high in the beginning and you are following through.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ryan Riley

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the review, this story came at me all at once and I had it all written down exactly how I.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2015
Last Updated on October 30, 2015