Competition is more than ever...right?

Competition is more than ever...right?

A Story by Sachi Ruaya
"

UNFINISHED...

"

Competition is more than ever! Right? 


Marketing in the music industry, tips, and myths altogether!


The list is endless when it comes to myths about how the music industry operates. From the common delusions of being a musician to the technical side of the biz…it’s there. And it is there to bring you down…down the wrong path!



 So, you choose a field of music? Great! But now what? After all that practicing, technical studying and coaching, you made it to the industry. The only advice I can give you now is to minimise your misconception of the music industry. You do not want to be sent down to any foul path because of that. But don’t worry! I won’t present to you a list of all the myths to set you to sleep but instead give you the major common myths that tend to affect music lovers the most and facts to get you started among suggestions.



A common mistake is that young musicians tend to think is that, if they know a lot about music, their knowledge of the about business and the music industry is self-explanatory. No. Just because you know a lot about music does not mean that you know a lot about the music industry! To be honest, there is very little competition in the music industry in relation to other industries. Record companies appear desperate for talents. But don’t get me wrong. Underestimating anything comes with a price to pay. “Loving music and know a lot about it is required if you want to do well in the music industry…However, don't enter the music industry with the idea that a lifetime of music nerd-dom has made you a music biz expert.” States Heather McDonald, who teaches music businesses courses and have contributed to the industry since she was in her teens.

 

© 2017 Sachi Ruaya


Author's Note

Sachi Ruaya
A seriously unfinished blog article...I'm quite new to journalistic writing just to let you know...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The key word here is industry, which is what so many young and vulnerable musicians fail to understand as they are by nature more of rat than business.

It's no different to the city where I used to work, which was mostly populated with circling sharks in search of a tasty morsel.

Beccy.

Beccy.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The key word here is industry, which is what so many young and vulnerable musicians fail to understand as they are by nature more of rat than business.

It's no different to the city where I used to work, which was mostly populated with circling sharks in search of a tasty morsel.

Beccy.

Beccy.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Added on November 26, 2017
Last Updated on November 26, 2017
Tags: competition, is, more, than, ever, music, marketing, business, tips, myths, journalistic, writing, blog, article, genre, professional, career, advice

Author

Sachi Ruaya
Sachi Ruaya

Victoria, Australia



About
Sachi is an observant art lover who takes pride in her strong verbal and written communication skills as she regards her love for learning. She highly values collaboration and efforts to create innova.. more..

Writing