The Spirit!

The Spirit!

A Poem by Sachi Ruaya
"

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

"

  

The Spirit!

© 2018 SachikoMochiko

 

"I will lose 36 pounds. I will master the drums. I will clear my face from acne. I will get abs. I will..."


Our expectations are bigger,


Consumed by parasites that fritter;


Laziness, distractions, procast...Oh, a new follower on twitter!


O' the juicy temptations that hitter;


 New Year's leftovers, Christmas puddin' and feastin' dinner!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Resolutions die by our hand;

 

It's like genocide on this land

 

An invasion every New Years in demand

 

And they adapt, growing in size and unmanned

 

Deaths by mass. Let their life force gather unhand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Many of their souls wander aimlessly

 

Only to be gathered as one spirit graciously;

 

The ghost of Dead New Year’s Resolutions wander sacredly

 

As it feasts on abandoned, unachieved, untouched, ungraciously 

 

A combination of expectations, untouched goals and fantasy medley

 

 

 

 

 

 

Human minds will continue to bubble

 

And the ghost will continue to stumble

 

Stumble on deaths of resolutions trouble

 

As the parasites fritter, they begin to double

 

Anyways, that's the true nature of New Years. A spirit grumble!

 

 

 

 

 

© 2018 Sachi Ruaya


Author's Note

Sachi Ruaya
I hope you enjoy this New Year's special!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You convey so much truth in this poem. Our human tendencies for immediate gratification, and our gluttonous desires usually override lofty, long-term resolutions. We easily lose interest, chase the next shiny thing, and forgot about yesterday's promises.

As a realist (some might call a cynic), I believe your poem is a punch in the gut to the weak, shallow, and naive. For others, it's truth with a little smirk and chuckle. Nice work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very expressive and well done. Keep it up :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


( a little late on the review but it's never too late to read a good poem) I really liked the structure and over all feeling your poem gave. It was different and that's something I really appreciate about it. I lost a bit of the beginning 'social' analogy towards the end but all and all very well written, great job.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love how you see the truth and spoke it. Though a lot of people don't see it or even talk about it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


truthful wonderful write here, I really enjoyed your words here

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is so fantastic and so true. I found that making myself keep to New Year's resolutions only brought me stress for the year. So, I don't worry about it. :) Things happen when they're supposed to. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this piece, the structure, scheme, and rhyme, as well as your word choice, all helped to contribute to making this such an amazing piece.
¨As it feasts on abandoned, unachieved, untouched, ungraciously
A combination of expectations, untouched goals and fantasy medley¨
I love that these two line create such a vivid picture in my head, wonderfully written.
Along with your fun rhymes, and transporting word choice, your words also speak such truth. There are a lot of people who make these resolutions, but before the end of January, sometimes February, they just give up. Which brings me to my second favorite set of lines.
¨And the ghost will continue to stumble
Stumble on deaths of resolutions trouble¨
In my eyes, this ghost is not only feeding off of the dead resolutions, but also maybe overwhelmed by them all, considering that you do say stumble. The ghost has maybe more that it actually wants? Whatever it is, this is still such a beautiful picture.

Great write, amazing words that created an even greater picture.
Continue writing.



Posted 6 Years Ago


A fun write from beginning to end.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This was really well said, i really enjoyed reading it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A interesting New Year poem. Was better than my New Year eve and day. I worked both. Thank you for sharing your amazing words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very well done! The hopes of a new year and the regrets of the old. Resolutions destined to fail, yet me make them none the less, may be hoping that this time you meet success. Awesome and for me at least, so true.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

619 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 1, 2018
Last Updated on January 1, 2018
Tags: new, year, poemacne, bubble, dead, dinner, drums, face, adapt, aimlessly, anyways, be, combination, continue, demand, distractions, e, fritter, hand, human, land, leftovers, parasites, pounds, twitter

Author

Sachi Ruaya
Sachi Ruaya

Victoria, Australia



About
Sachi is an observant art lover who takes pride in her strong verbal and written communication skills as she regards her love for learning. She highly values collaboration and efforts to create innova.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Insomnia Insomnia

A Poem by Saumya