The Mirage called Life!!!

The Mirage called Life!!!

A Story by Anshul Khandelwal
"

Life described as an illusion. Read on.

"

Mirage – It may be an illusion of water, in the desert, for a deer. But it is an illusion of life for human beings. We human beings as mere conglomeration of some body parts (akin to the spare parts of a machine), are under the constant hallucination and illusion of life in our minds. Life is a labyrinth of self-created emotions, unwanted happenings and unrestrained indulgences. It is this life, which some of us want to win over. It is this life, which most of us want to be long enough. It is this life which everyone wants to live and experience. But alas, it is the same life which none of us has actually understood and realized what it is meant for.

Apart from being the biological phenomenon of a beating heart, a working brain and functioning body parts, there is much more required to induce life in these deadpan human beings. Life that we live is just a far-fetched illusion of being happy, contented and healthy.

Life essentially means the same to each one of us; and it is solely governed by nothing other than achieving self-establishment, self-respect and umpteen other selfish motives. People say, a mother’s love for her child is consecrated and pure, but it is for her happiness and self, she loves her child. A devotee to god may be void of all the materialistic desires, but it is for his self and satisfaction, he worships god. Hence, it is you; you live your life for. That is the power of LIFE, which has such an aura and such a deep-rooted sense of needs and wants associated with it, that even god may seem to be in the fit of hallucination, once he comes down to his self-created earth. But god being intelligent and potent enough is exploiting human beings for his own purpose, which is to discover the true meaning and essence of LIFE!!!

It is the stones, the pillars, the sand, and the rivers. It is the mountains, the lanes, the water and the rains, not me and you, who know the true meaning of life. It is them, who have never complained, it is them who have never cried. It is the myriad non-living things in this nature, which we say are devoid of life, who have never departed from this beautiful thing called LIFE. They have never been in such a quandary, where the human beings and god have always been; and have always found it difficult to set free. They have never extracted the soul out of life, for their own self. Far and above from the spiritualities and the materialism and illusion, they have been witnessing and experiencing the color of life for ages.

It should be them who should be awarded the “LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD ‘, not the vacuous homo sapiens and the unintelligible supremo, the GOD. Hence, try and live the life like them, and you would soon be out of this mirage called LIFE.

© 2008 Anshul Khandelwal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


W O W !!!


I can only agree with you! This is soooo impressive!!! Every word transports such strength, such power - one can literally feel it - one can feel the positiveness spreading from every word! WOW!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on February 7, 2008

Author

Anshul Khandelwal
Anshul Khandelwal

Noida, India



About
I live in seconds. So, I live my day in 86400 different states of mind and mood. Every mood, every thought of mine, every state of my mind is solely governed by those little droplets of experiences, b.. more..

Writing