the big wind

the big wind

A Story by ruth
"

child's perspective of a hurricane

"
it was a great whirlwind
the draft increased as i skipped down the road, my mother a few feet back, watching me as i
turned back and smiled the biggest i had in months. my dad had just died, leaving me and a
grieving mother alone. the rest of my family hadn’t liked us much, especially after my mom and
dad got married because they accidentally had me. i looked the right of where i was standing.
there it was. of course i hadn’t known what it was, but it came towards me, and i was drawn to it.
my mother’s countenance turned in an instant. she became frightened and pale when she saw it
too. nobody had noticed i was gone until my mother turned back. i was lost in the sea of anxious
runners. they pushed against me as i ran towards the great winds. there was a bounce in my
step. i felt myself being drawn into what i considered the calm wind.
the end was coming.
it attracted me towards it.
i closed my eyes,
it took me away,
i never saw again.
i was never ok again.
i was never there again.
i was never there.

© 2017 ruth


Author's Note

ruth
this story took a weird turn somewhere and I really don't know what happened but I still wanted people to read this unedited because I feel weird about it so I want opinions. it was more of the child not really being there and this was all his imagination or a journey through how you can experience it. I tried not to actually mention hurricane to give it the more child feel of the unknown.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow... Just...wow. This blew me away. When I read it the first time I thought that the kid got hit by a car and the second time I thought it was about being drawn into depression at the innocence of a younge age. Then I read what you wanted it to be and it blew me over like a house of cards lol. Bravo! Good job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow... Just...wow. This blew me away. When I read it the first time I thought that the kid got hit by a car and the second time I thought it was about being drawn into depression at the innocence of a younge age. Then I read what you wanted it to be and it blew me over like a house of cards lol. Bravo! Good job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think the lack of capital letters adds to the mystery and flow. The ambiguity is also effective. Yes, I think it could well be the child imagining a frightening situation and saying to herself "I was never there¬"... perhaps in an attempt to make 'it' go away. Good for you for writing this interesting read.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think my mind turned the meaning into something else. Instead of a hurricane, i think the child is describing his surrounding situations. How his life is turning into a hurricane (or a mess) after some unfortunate events.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2017
Last Updated on May 29, 2017

Author

ruth
ruth

CA



About
no restrictions not much to expect just some ideas more..

Writing
Dear Grandpa... Dear Grandpa...

A Poem by ruth


death and life death and life

A Poem by ruth