Broken Glass

Broken Glass

A Poem by Ruth Anne Garcia
"

Written: 2005

"

Broken glass, drifting in the air, spilling all over the tile flooring. Swept up and discarded in a bin, never to be saved, put back together.

            No matter the significance, size, beauty. Glass is powerful and cuts like a knife.

            Vision of a beautiful mosaic painting, the glass shows a side of beauty, grace, and intrigue. In a single moment, an object thrown, glass breaks.

            The once beautiful image is now nothing. Disappeared, no longer thriving. Gluing glass back together is pointless. Too many pieces to puzzle together.

            No one has the time to put it together, to figure it out. Instead, sweeping it up and discarding it, becomes easy.

            The discarded glass no longer holds the beauty that it held, and the image is not fixed. It is replaced and not re-created.

            Glass is simple, graceful, and full of promise. Bend it, shape it, give it room to grow.

            If you smother it, or break it, the illusion is gone forever.

© 2017 Ruth Anne Garcia


Author's Note

Ruth Anne Garcia
Assignment in high school.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on September 15, 2017
Last Updated on September 15, 2017

Author

Ruth Anne Garcia
Ruth Anne Garcia

Las Cruces, NM



About
About the Author Ruth Anne Garcia is a poet, short story and fiction author with a consistent following in the young adult genre. Born in El Paso, Texas to a large family, she's no stranger to lov.. more..

Writing