Love

Love

A Poem by Rachael
"

just thoughts

"
And maybe I do love you for all those things you do, but I doubt I am in love with you.

For what do we know? We are only teenagers living in a world made for adults to thrive and us to fall until we can finally stand tall.

And maybe it is as simple as teens make it; when you like one another a lot, care for each other and are willing to do anything for the other person, that that is what love is.

But then there are those who think like I; that there has to be more than that to understand truly what love is.

And maybe we will never know; in our entire lives, maybe no one will ever know what love is.

For what do we know?

© 2010 Rachael


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
hmm
wonderful insight agree with you

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your style is so different! And I love reading your work, it's very insightful! Awesome.



Posted 13 Years Ago


Your thoughts and feelings shared here drift into the boundless nature of love.. what it is can help define what it is not. It isn't a question that will end, but may actually grow more complex as each year flows into year. You voiced the wonders and intriguing thoughts so eloquently...

Posted 13 Years Ago


nice..
and i agree..
good insight..
hmm.. the lines were too long, though..
but that's just my opinion..
still..
good work..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good insight. Very true.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think like you! Well done! The flow is unusual for a poem but still a great write! Thanks for sharing:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very nice. young love is great:) i see you have great talent as a writer

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are correct. When you are young. Love is pure and good. Best to walk slow and easy into love and emotion. Easy to break a tender heart. With age we twist-up the best emotion we can feel with greed and not thinking properly. I like the poem. You may be right. We may never understand love. I tell people to hold on when it is good. Love should be the best days in a life. I been marry 20 years and I must remind myself to make wife feel like she is the only one. A excellent poem. You made me think.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the way you have framed the characters in this poem. This poem can be interpreted many ways. It felt to me as if you zoomed in on a situation..then later on, the view zooms out and the couple becomes a metaphor for humanity. In some ways it feels like an old soul is in an young body with all of her wisdom from her former lives. I think that you have really lived up to your potential as far as your approach to this scene. You chose the most thought provoking angle you could have. I am pleased to see your growth as a writer.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

479 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2010
Last Updated on June 7, 2010

Author

Rachael
Rachael

PA



About
"Life happens. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. But you never truly know which one until it's all over." Hey, I'm Rachael. I'm 18 years old. I love playing softball, which consu.. more..

Writing
Breakout Breakout

A Poem by Rachael



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Living In Hell Living In Hell

A Poem by KAREN