Nightmare

Nightmare

A Story by Sadiesmiles

CRASH! BOOM! Lightning lit the sky as Lindsay and I frantically paddled for the dark mass up ahead we assumed was shore. Waves pulled angrily at us from all directions, the water's icy grip inescapable. Just moments before, the water had been like glass, Lindsay and I blissfully unaware of the nightmare to come. CRACK! Lightning struck again tearing me from my thoughts, back to harsh reality. I looked around trying to find something, anything that could help Lindsay and I. Oh no, Lindsay, I couldn't see her anywhere. "LINDSAY, WHERE ARE YOU?!" I yelled, but it was no hope, the wind violently tore the words out of my mouth and shattered them into a million pieces. BOOM! A monstrous wave crashed over my head, pushing me under, the angry ocean water swirled around me, dragging me to its icy depths. "Gina! Get up" a voice cried far, far away. I struggled toward the familiar voice, the water ripped at my clothes, and pulled at my hair trying to keep me for itself. "Gina!" The voice called again, more persistent this time. I swam harder, striving to get to the voice as if it were a shelter from the terrible storm roaring around me. Suddenly I was falling, tumbling through a blur of color. Then I was in my bed, panting. It had all been a dream.

© 2013 Sadiesmiles


Author's Note

Sadiesmiles
An old story of mine

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on December 4, 2013
Last Updated on December 4, 2013

Author

Sadiesmiles
Sadiesmiles

MI



About
Hi! My name is Sadie, and I love to write! I experiment with lots of types of writing but I'm not that great at it yet. 😜 My friend request thing is messed up so please send me requests throug.. more..

Writing