House In The Corner

House In The Corner

A Story by Sam

Kelsey
    "Come on Jonah, go get the lemonade and cookies before these kids tear me apart!" I yell. 
Jonah hurries in with half a pitcher of lemonade and a full plate of cookies. He then places it on the table. The kids let go of me and the kids charge towards it. All twelve of them trample me and grab what they can. Jonah rushes over and helps me up.
   "Please tell me why we even continued this babysitting business." I say.
   "Because we need the extra money and this is the only way we get to spend time with each other before you move." he replies.
   "Right," 
 Jonah Lambert, best friend since age six. He has shiny brown eyes and shaggy black hair, with a caramel skin. He's always been there for me and now I'm gonna have to leave him behind l all because of my Dad's stupid promotion. I mean why did he have to get it right after summer break and before I start freshman year? How selfish is that?
   "Kelsey, what are you thinking about?" Jonah asks.
   "Oh nothing,"
   "Come on, I know when your thinking. You were definitely thinking about something."
   "It was nothing,"
   "Sure it wasn't."
  Jonah gives me a look and then I smile. He starts walking towards me and I run in the opposite direction.
   "Jonah stop it!" I yell.
  Jonah chases me a couple times then swings me over his shoulder.
   "Dude, put me down!"
   "Not until you tell me what you we're thinking about!"
   "Fine, put me down first."
  He puts me down and then looks at me,
   "I was thinking about me moving,"
   "Come on Kelsey, we are going to see each other again one day. I promise,"
  He takes my hands and then I look up at him,
   "Gosh your eyes are so pretty." he whispers.
   "Thank you."
   Jonah starts to lean into my face but I stop him,
   "No no no, you are not gonna kiss me. Not before the day I leave, we're not going to be able to finish what you started."
    "Right,"
    "Now where are those kids, I'm pretty sure they finished eating all ready."
    "What kids, you mean the demons in place of them?"
    "Be nice we get $15 per kid."
    "True."
  I let go of Jonah's hand then walk by the table. All of them are asleep on the floor, half of them with cookies in their mouths and the other half clutching their cup of lemonade beside them.
    "Huh, they sleep fast." 
    "Your telling me," I reply.
  Jonah smiles at me and then I start to take up the plates. Jonah puts them on the couch and then covers each of them. By the time we finish cleaning the place up, parents start coming.
    "Thank you for trusting us with your child," I say closing the door after the last kid leaves.
    "Your devilish child," Jonah adds in a mutter.
  I laugh and then he says,
    "Well this is it. I have to go home now, call me when you get to Atlanta."
    "Okay,"
  He opens the door and I look at him.
    "I'll miss you J."
    "I'll miss you too."
 We hug and when we let go of each other, the setting sun is giving his face the most radiant look ever. I slowly lean towards him as he looks down on me. When our lips touch, Jonah's grip tightens around me as I hold his jacket. His lips move against mine softly, sending the butterflies in my stomach on a crazy rampage.
    "I'll see ya around Kelsey."
  I give small smile and he walks away. I slowly close the door and then sigh. Gee, even after I denied my best friend the liberty of kissing me... I kissed him. 

© 2014 Sam


Author's Note

Sam
So... First chapter.. Good or Bad? Thanks for reading!
Adios :)
-Sam

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
Added on February 8, 2014
Last Updated on February 8, 2014

Author

Sam
Sam

United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Hello I'm Sam & I'm in love with pizza & the arts :) more..

Writing
it's ELectric it's ELectric

A Chapter by Sam