Stagnant

Stagnant

A Poem by Samantha Canela
"

What do we do when heartbreak leaves us alive but not living?

"
How do I push a stagnant river? Where once there was a rampant flow of words and melody there is now a halted confusion and it lingers in my bones -- that memory of a time that felt too good to be true. It was as though, in the flash of a few seconds, it become true and thus was no longer good. And then it was gone. And maybe what stings the most is that life kept on living. The days each passed as normal and the leaves continued to grow on trees, rain fell, clouds formed and expanded and lingered away, the sun shined and it set, the universe was unfazed by the lives beginning and ending within it’s grasp. If we are so apart of the universe then why don’t we too keep going, unfazed? Why have my elements shifted? If I am apart of the tree, the rain, the clouds, if I am a river on this earth and in this universe then why has my soul stopped flowing?

© 2016 Samantha Canela


Author's Note

Samantha Canela
It's just a quick write, kind of rough but honest

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

good questions, we all need to ask ourselves such things some times.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 30, 2016
Last Updated on May 30, 2016
Tags: poetry, heartbreak, universe, soul, unanswered questions, nature, love

Author

Samantha Canela
Samantha Canela

Seattle, WA



About
Young prospective actor, director, playwright in Seattle training at Cornish College of the Arts. I have been looking for an outlet for my writing so it makes me so happy to have found this website. M.. more..

Writing