Again

Again

A Poem by Samantha Canela
"

An exploration on toxic love

"

“Pick your poison”

And without hesitation her hand slipped to that particular vial. The same intoxicating drug she’s reduced herself to time and time again. But instead of your average inhibitor, this poison takes it shape towering above her with wavy brown locks, sparkling blue eyes and whispers of sweet forget me nots. Why? She knows it does nothing but hurt. She know it does nothing but destroy her bit by bit. It sucks her up, stripping her spirit from within. It slowly undresses her soul, reveals her innermost thoughts and desires, dangles them in front of her -- teasing her like a sad child. Then, right before her eyes if crushes everything. Suddenly the trip is over and she is reminded of her cruel world. It rips open any and every wound and watches you fall to the floor gasping for air. This evil is so dark it does not care how many times it’s hurt, it does not care that you are one of many, if does not see the past or the future. It just watches you crash and burn, and slowly you are engulfed in flames and drift into a quiet ember. And he kisses you goodbye and waits.


“Pick your poison” and she comes running back, craving that high and forgetting the low.

© 2016 Samantha Canela


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very good thought. Love the truth spoken here. Seen a lot of people get addicted to this drug of love, this deadly poison, and I'm happy to see it in words. keep up the good work. ^.^

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 22, 2016
Last Updated on June 22, 2016
Tags: love, romance, drug, poetry, journal, rush, highs, lows, poison

Author

Samantha Canela
Samantha Canela

Seattle, WA



About
Young prospective actor, director, playwright in Seattle training at Cornish College of the Arts. I have been looking for an outlet for my writing so it makes me so happy to have found this website. M.. more..

Writing