Shipwreck

Shipwreck

A Chapter by Sam C. Widera
"

A drowning man's last thoughts.

"

Staring up, the young man only just seemed to notice that his ship was wrecked; wooden pieces were sewn above him, floating, whilst he drifted slowly downwards to the eternal nightfall of the waters. 


Ironic; for he with his passion of the seas, will be lulled into final sleep smothered by this love. 


Yet, he does not want to go this way. Through all his many dreams and dillydallying, his only thoughts were of the oceans, yet now surrounded by it, it seemed not such a great idea no more. 


Farewell, to Mother and Father, cousin Josie, and darling little Pluto. Oh, how he has missed that terrier. Possibly the only ray of sunshine he has ever received, even when the sun was high and its heat glaring into the earth. 


Slowly, or perhaps, fuzzily, black dots scatter across his vision. He could not help but sob, silently, as tiny bubbles spilled from his mouth and floated upwards, disappearing to the dimming light of the surface.



© 2016 Sam C. Widera


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i got chills reading this. excellent vocabulary and sentence structure - enticing, and brilliant character development within the fourth paragraph - i felt as though i didn't want him to die, just because of that one passage.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sam C. Widera

8 Years Ago

Thank you; I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was actually inspired by the story of The Little Mermaid. I fe.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 15, 2015
Last Updated on February 21, 2016


Author

Sam C. Widera
Sam C. Widera

Hong Kong



About
"I'm sarcastic," she says sarcastically. more..

Writing
Coke Coke

A Story by Sam C. Widera


Kidnap Kidnap

A Story by Sam C. Widera