Chapter 4: They Never Love Back

Chapter 4: They Never Love Back

A Chapter by Sam Kulii
"

Part 4

"

“But why!  All I did was love you….”  Aubrey shouted.


“Just go home…. Love isn’t a one way road, it requires two people.”


“B--but I thought you loved me, Charlotte.”


“I don’t…. I never did.  I just didn’t want to hurt your feelings.  We’re too young for commitments…. don’t you agree?”


“I’m not…. I was ready to commit to you, but you were scared.”


“I’m only fifteen, Aubrey.  I have my whole life to live… and I don’t want to be stuck with you for the rest of it.   Now leave…”




“What were you doing at Charlotte’s house again?”  Sam asked while catching up to Aubrey.  


“I was confessing my love to her.”


“Did she go for it?”


“What do you think, Sam?”


“Sorry…  I was hoping for the best.”


“Why are you always so damn optimistic?”


“I don’t know.  A lot of people ask me that.  It’s just how I am.”


“Oh….”


“Oh?  You know I hate when you only respond with an ‘Oh’.”


“I’m sorry, Sam.  I’ve just got a lot of things on my mind.  My mom is pretty sick, and I don’t know where my father went.”


“He’s still not back from Blackwater?”


“Nope… He was said he was going to be back by now, but he hasn’t shown.”


“I’m sure he’ll be back.  Just gotta be patient is all.”


“Yea… sure.  Hey isn’t your half-sister getting married in a few days?”


“Yes.  I have to serve the attendees that day.”


“The King isn’t letting you participate?  That doesn’t seem quite right.”


“I’ll be okay, at least I’ll be in the courtyard so I can see her.”


“You’re actually quite fond of Beatrice aren’t you?”


“Yeah, she’s the only one of that family that I like.  She actually treats me like one of her own brothers.”


“But you’re a b*****d….”


“I hate when you say that.”


“Sorry.  I just thought-”

“It’s okay, I know what ya thought.”



“Sam, you think I’ll ever find the right one?  I’m sorry to bring this back up, but it’s all I can think about.  It’s like…. I keep trying over and over with different girls, but none of them ever stick around.  It’s exhausting ya know…. I can’t keep doing this.  It’s not fair when people get married to the first person they meet.  Why don’t they have to hurt like I do…. It just isn’t fair.  I pour my heart out girls, but all they do is take.  When you’re with someone, you’re supposed to give back, not just take.  That’s not how it works!  They take….and they take…. and they take…. till there’s nothing left to give.  What if I finally meet the one to give my heart to, Sam, but past relationships leave me empty inside…. unable to care, and numb to potential emotions.  That’s all I’m saying…. that’s what scares me the most.  Finally finding the one, but unable to grasp onto her.  So you simply watch her float away,  because there’s nothing you can do.  You watch her live out her life with another person…. a person that shouldn’t be there.  It should have been you… and only you.  This person was your only road to true happiness, but you let her get away.  Now you have to walk the roads of life alone…. until you’re too old to walk any further.  That’s what my life will become…. I see it.  I guess it’s only a matter of time…..”


© 2015 Sam Kulii


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on December 14, 2015
Last Updated on December 14, 2015
Tags: fantasy, dragons, romance, dark


Author

Sam Kulii
Sam Kulii

NC



About
Just an aspiring writer. more..

Writing