Chapter 10: The Eyes I Need

Chapter 10: The Eyes I Need

A Chapter by Sam Kulii
"

The first piece.

"

“Don’t worry, my dear Heather.  You won’t be gone for long….  I’ll find you… and put you back where you belong…. Close to me.  You were taken from me…. But I will take you back.  I’ve never loved a woman the way I loved you.  And to just start over…. I can’t imagine myself doing that ever again.  When I met you… I knew you were special.  Even though I was from Karrakia, and you were from Ivory…. You still loved me the same.  Even though we’re complete opposites, we still figured out a way to make things work.  Our families may scoff at our relationship, but you didn’t care.  You just wanted to be with me… and that’s all a man can ask for in this world.  Someone to grow old with….  That was you…. My Heather.”


“Hey… mister… are you okay?”


“What….”


“Well you were talking to yourself all alone in the road.”


“My Heather…”


“Heather?  No my name is Rose.”


“R-Rose….”


“Yep…. that’s me.”


“How old are you Rose?”


“I’m 12.”


“12, you say.”


“Yep…. I’m getting old ya know.  Not long now and I’ll be 13…. Then 14….. Then 15….  Well you get it.”


“Your eyes….”


“Huh… What’s wrong with my eyes.”


“They’re so blue….”


“Thanks… I guess.”


“Blue…. Just like my Heather’s.”


“Oh so you have a wife named Heather….  I don’t like boys!  My father said I will when I get older, but I don’t believe him.”


“I must have them…”  


“What?”


“The eyes.”  The man said softly.


“Well these eyes are mine…. I was born with them.  My dad’s eyes are brown…. But my mother’s eyes are blue like mine.  Maybe she’ll trade ya haha.”  The girl said with a smile.


“No.”


“No?”


“I must have yours….  They’re so blue…. Like the lake behind our home….”


“Well sorry, mister…. I told you these were mine.  I can’t give them to you anyway… I need em to see…”


“I’m sorry, dear child.  I’m in love.”


The man slapped the girl down to the dirt…. And began to stomp and kick her.  He dragged her behind a nearby tavern…. Where no one would find her.  


“Stop screaming…. No one can hear you.  I just need your eyes…. You can still live.”


“No!  Stop!  No!  Fa-”


“Don’t scream!”


The man continued to beat the girl… his fists covered with blood… the screams ceased.  He removed the eyes….


“Don’t worry, Heather…. I’ll see you again.



© 2016 Sam Kulii


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on March 14, 2016
Last Updated on March 14, 2016


Author

Sam Kulii
Sam Kulii

NC



About
Just an aspiring writer. more..

Writing