Chapter 11: Papa

Chapter 11: Papa

A Chapter by Sam Kulii
"

More dialogue between father and sweetheart.

"

“Papa, I want to go back home!”  


“Hush, my child, the life we lived is over.  We have to move on now….”


“What about Mother?  Why didn’t she come with us?”  


“I’ve told you already, she wanted to ‘help’ with our community.  They believe they can survive another Frost, but I know we wouldn’t.”


“So… she’s gone…?”


“I’m afraid so…”


……


“Sweetheart… are you upset with me?”


…….


“Silence is never the answer, my child.  I did what I did to save you…  Whether you like it or not, you’re going to live a great life in O’Leus.  There are so many more opportunities for us there. Hey, you know what?  We can grow a farm!  With chickens and pigs… I know how much you love animals.   Doesn’t that sound great?”


…..


“You know you’re going to thank me one day.  It may not be today, but one day, you’re going to look back on it and say that I made the right choice.  You’re going to grow up into a lovely woman, and marry a handsome man.  You’re going to give me grandchildren… That’s a normal life, something that was not guaranteed back home.  You should be happy because now…. now you have a real future.  I did not want you growing up the way I did.  I had to do unspeakable things in order to survive… things that I wouldn’t allow you to do.  I saw the beginning of things to come, I saw the evils from my past returning, and I wanted to shield you from them.”


“Papa that was our home, you took me from my home, and mama.”


“Hush now…. The winds grow chilly.  We have already left that place.  There is no longer a place to return to, so we must create a new one.  That is what I am doing… not for me…. But for you.  Just because you were born there, doesn’t mean you have to die there.  Remember that, my child.  When I’m long gone… and you have a husband and child.  Tell your son what I told you today….  He won’t understand at the time…. But over time he will remember what you told him.  He will want to thank you… but you will already be with me.  And so the cycle will go on.  Whether you want to or not…. You will not be the last of the family bloodline.  Can I tell you something sweetheart, I always wanted a boy.  But that all changed when I saw you for the first time.  You were so precious, wrapped in cloths in your mother’s arms.  They say you’re supposed to wait till the mother gives the child, but I couldn’t wait.  I took you from her, and held you tight.  You smiled at me…. And at that very moment, I was proud to have a girl.”



© 2016 Sam Kulii


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on March 15, 2016
Last Updated on March 15, 2016
Tags: fantasy, dragons, romance, dark


Author

Sam Kulii
Sam Kulii

NC



About
Just an aspiring writer. more..

Writing