Chapter 14: The Love I Had

Chapter 14: The Love I Had

A Chapter by Sam Kulii
"

Aubrey's Thoughts

"

“There was once a girl I loved.  She never asked for anything.  I-I should have taken the chance…. I should have taken the risk.  I don’t think I’ll find another like the one I had…. How though, I never even met this girl.  I only wrote letters.  I loved reading those letters every week.  It was like I was there with her…. But she was a thousand miles away.  One day I’ll meet her.  I just have to find her again.  Wherever she is…. I hope she is waiting for me.  I think we had something….  Special.  Maybe… I don’t know.  What if she’s not even the person she says she is.  Maybe her hair isn’t as dark as the night…. And her eyes aren’t bluer than the dry sky above.  I just want to meet her….  Now I’m leaving my home after those bandits came and 1ruined everything.  I don’t even know where Sam is.  At least when my heart was broken…. I had a friend to fall back on.  Now it’s just me….  I don’t know where I’m headed… but I can no longer stay in Okyra.  My friends gone, and they’re are too many failed loves there.  I try to replace the love I had with the girl I never met with surrogates, but they never came close to what we had.  Those letters…. I don’t know how they made me fall in love with you… it just happened.  I guess I’m going to head to Blackwater.  My cousin lives there…. He said if I ever needed some place to stay, I could stay with him.  You never know what could happen… I could find someone else…. Someone new.  I know they won’t be better than what we had…. But even if they make up to half of what we had…. I would be a happy man for life.  It wouldn’t be fair to them though.  I would be thinking of you the entire time while I was with them.  Those letters man…. I still have them to this day.  When I ran from home… I didn’t grab any food or anything…. Heck I didn’t even say goodbye to my mother…. I just needed those letters.  Those letters give me hope…. Hope that one day we will meet.  And you will be exactly the person you said you were.  We would fall in love for the second time….  But it will be better… because I can see all your little expressions and gestures in person.  I would only imagine what you looked like while I was reading the letters.  It’s getting dark….  The stars are starting to shine…. I’ve always liked the stars…. They lead me away… there beauty helps me forget the pain that comes along with loving someone you’ve never met.  But when the sun comes back up…. The stars vanish…. And the hurt comes back.  Then ill have to wait till night comes to forget.  But I honestly… I kinda like the hurt.  It helps me remember the hopes we had with each other.  Hopes that one day will be a reality.  I just gotta find you…. Wherever you may be waiting…. I’ll find you.  That’s a promise.”  


Aubrey muttered to himself.



© 2016 Sam Kulii


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on May 5, 2016
Last Updated on May 5, 2016
Tags: fantasy, romance


Author

Sam Kulii
Sam Kulii

NC



About
Just an aspiring writer. more..

Writing