Tranquility

Tranquility

A Story by Samian

I remember a hole in my soul, something was missing from me.
Then feeling fulfilled, blissful happiness, warmth spreading through me because of her presence. But she was taken from me, my heart torn to pieces, all I knew was loss and regret. Those stayed with me when anger surged through me. Hatred took me over, I can remember it spreading through my body as a firestorm, blazing through me until finally it was satisfied. For so long that anger was all I could feel, when there was nothing left to hate anymore even that heat faded. A broken lonely husk of a man left in its wake.

Loss, regret, anger, hatred and loneliness.

I cried and screamed as my soul tore, the ache inside me flared into a blazing pain.
Until finally it left me and nothing remained.

Alone, empty in the cold darkness that surrounds me. Each second lasts an eternity and yet it passes far too quickly. After ages of this emptiness I feel something.
The sun beaming down upon me, I should be happy to feel its warmth again, yet I cannot bear it. My sun set with her, I try to ignore it as best I can but it will not be ignored. It pesters me until I finally open my eyes to a clear blue sky. Slowly I sit up, running my fingers through the grass beneath me.

All around me there is a veritable Eden, the grass is dotted with colors from the many flowers. A veritable jungle surrounds the clearing, the leaves wave gently in the wind as small animals rustle the bushes. I gaze in wonder at the treasure of peace that surrounds me. Afraid to shatter the tranquility around me I turn ever so slowly, discovering a waterfall clattering from the rock wall into a small lake. But what stunned me was not the fish jumping in the water, not the colors reflected from the sun.
What took the breath from me was the woman sitting at the edge on a boulder, softy singing while her feet rest in the water. Her golden hair waving gently in a breeze, I dare not hope for her to turn. But she never much cared for what I feared, she turns her gray eyes alight with her joy, a playful smile on her lips. My eyes tear as she extends her arm towards me

 

“Come sit with me”

 

After all these years I never thought I would feel whole again.

© 2016 Samian


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Out of misery comes love and awareness. Truly good stuff!

Posted 4 Years Ago


A man in the cruel dark depths of despair finds sunshine, flowers and love. This is how life can be. (I know) You've written it well, and my only criticism is that I think the describing of his misery could be condensed or shortened a bit.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 16, 2016
Last Updated on November 16, 2016
Tags: hurt, comfort, romance, lost love, tranquility, peace, death, life

Author

Samian
Samian

Belgium



Writing
Beginnings Beginnings

A Story by Samian



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Maurice Maurice

A Story by Wild Rose