Pinings

Pinings

A Poem by Sami Khalil
"

Love and loss...

"

Image result for paintings paintingsPinings/………By Sami Khalil

A sad one…Love and loss…

 

And over the semblance of yolks my yearnings kept

Bindings of secrets when my ferried sighs drew near

I named thee Sweet Valentine in loquacious silence

And in the boundless deep I sang of yonder souvenir.

 

Fainteth not my soul! I must be weary and love-veiled

Thou art my fairy till time henceforth beguiles no more

And scenes laid where sleeping witnesses scorneth death

It shall be fitting in nature’s pride, twain destiny in store.

 

Exprest this sadness with liberty and nib of a poet’s pen

And eyes bedewed by tearful mourn and pinings repaid

Hail not death! Hail life;though all must justly obeyeth

Fondly I wail heavenward with phrensied woe dismayed.

© 2017 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved reading this probably for some of the same reasons Pete expressed. I guess I'm partial because I was an English major and partial to Shakespeare and other Renaissance writers. This poem is almost musical. Very nice work; I'm happy to have read it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
your writing has a Shakespearean Renaissance style. the words have a beautiful lilt to them and float from the page. you even use 'old english' words. you can make something sad palatable.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Wonderfully written, the words flow so well.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
A sad and heart rending piece, Sir.
This is gracefully written with full of emotions and is very well worded. The love once lost can never be found easily. Wonderfully penned.
Classy poetry :-)

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
In some sense Sami you move beyond the pale of greatness into the womb of majesty.

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
'Exprest this sadness with liberty and nib of a poet’s pen
And eyes bedewed by tearful mourn and pinings repaid'

However love is lost, whether to death or desertion or.. more like these days.. deletion.. the space left behind hurts as if into infinity. Seems it will never leave.. Your words, classically phrased, echo emotions to the nth degree. When you write like the above i hear echoes of the greats.

Superb visual!

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
sadly yet wonderfully expressed Sami... death cares not for our pinings, it just takes the joy of life from us when we lose a loved one... loved this line Sami: "I named thee Sweet Valentine in loquacious silence"... but the whole poem is nicely penned...

redzone

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
I've been away for a long time my friend. I come back to read this amazing, heart-felt soliloquy. Thank you! This has the feel of the classics! You truly have the gift!

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Such a beautiful poem Sami I really liked it, anyway I don't know how it feels to hide feelings by our beloved but I did know how he feels when couldn't express himself to me. That was so irritating at that time because I was so after my dream but now I can understand it, it was really horrible. Without love your success will never make you happy in fullest. Stay concentrated on aim but never let go of love off your hand once lost you regret later a lot. It gives you heartache even after tremendous success. A good write Sami loved it.

One more thing I really liked the picture you posted for this it was so artistic.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
A romantic write reminiscent of the classics, Sami. Being in love and not telling the person you desire never leads to anything good...heartache follows. So well written. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2697 Views
60 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on January 5, 2017
Last Updated on January 5, 2017

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Anodyne Anodyne

A Poem by Sami Khalil


Downfall Downfall

A Poem by A. Amos