Near Death

Near Death

A Story by Sami Khalil
"

The reality of near death experiences...

"

Image result for akiane kramarik heaven paintings

Near Death/…By Sami Khalil

Truth with added experience…


Darkness quickened across votive disbelief of days, as the sun was set in wounded validations. The nights of measured distresses have begun, forced to face sleepless blends that bleed for all mercy. So, in no perfect world, those who wandered aimlessly, tried to stitch together time-framed thoughts that lay in mind ruins.


I could remember, in hindmost, the madness of the war in all its violent explosions, that rocked buildings and left them riven apart with no chance of bloody prayers and the countless lives lost. It was 1982, at the height of Lebanon’s civil war, where Israel decided to invade the country, with wildest expectations of power and mayhem, all rolled into one. Their goal was to expel the “PLO”, (their nemesis) from the border areas to other parts of the region, where the name of vague peace will be restored. Humanity had reached a special madness, from all sides, where no sane man could swallow its primordial desires or a wraith history.


I, on the other hand, might have not survived, if it wasn’t of miracle that kept me in the land of the living, looking down in vigilance at the operating room. There was utter panic, and the bleeding heart was dividing and conquering the soaring chances of no survival. My feet looked like a plinth, supporting a tumbled statue. Doctors worked tirelessly till the last extensions of hammered confusions.


“He won’t make it” so they thought, “for his wounds carry the blame of malice in pirouettes.” But my mother, who bridged her eternal pains to hopeful gazes, breathed sighs of pyrrhic relief, when prayers, coursing deep into the gorge, spared the need of hallowed wreaths.


I gained consciousness, only after the gentle floating, where I beheld the mantle of peace. Nothing weighed, nothing tick-tocked, nothing aged, nothing feared, nothing worried…

A new dawn, a new page, a new welcome and a new knowing…A new poem!

 

An abandoned earthly treasure was slowly forgotten

When beating fast and stillness went hand in hand

Oh, I could see blood-stained hands and eyes weeping

But the joys of peace, love eternal were surely begotten

All are one where no money and possessions enthrall

As bare-footed death climbs staircases in muffled recall

© 2017 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Powerful words and thoughts shared. When we are close to death. We learn to appreciate life. You made the reader feel the struggle and the thoughts. Thank you my friend for sharing the amazing story.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

Wow! So true and well said my good friend and beloved poet. I totally agree with you. Thank you so m.. read more
'Near Death'
Sami Khalil,
To be allowed the privilege of reading-experiencing another's feelings within experience and personal insight is so lovely. This writing was understandable in it's relaying of the precious gift which life really is. To see that life can be a window to a more and perfected life is a great gift for sure. I appreciate very much the beauty and boundless love of Christ, for His power truly is the path which vanquishes death. Your writing on this subject is so needed in a world so full of stress, anxiety and fraught with every evil. You go Sami!
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

Wow! Thank you so much Kathy Van Kurin for this lovely review and sentiments. I truly appreciate you.. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

I appreciate you as well. The world seems like a warmer place with other souls to learn from. You ar.. read more
Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

So true. You are right. You too...
Sami, Your writes have changed since I last read your work. The poetry was good but this is even better. It still haas the flow of poetry but this widens the river. I think of God's Love for the trees of Lebanon and how he protectively takes the birds into the arms of the Lebanon Trees. I think how he had taken you and some family under his protective arms too. for that I am grateful and saddened for those who didn't make it.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

Wow! I do think so too. I truly appreciate you and your continued friendship and above all your enco.. read more
I love it when an artist has full command of prose & poetry, weaving both harmoniously. It's becuz your prose is painted as if lyrical verse, except using longer and broader strokes than poetry. I sure hope this is not a true story, but if it is, my heart goes out to you. If it is not, it's written so realistically, it's as if you put the reader into these shoes in a palpable way (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

OMG. You are amazing. I lived during the civil war in Lebanon and I, we( my family) almost died duri.. read more
barleygirl

6 Years Ago

Thanks for the added share . . .
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

:)....................
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Wonderful, Sami....

Certainly does read like a piece written straight from the horrors of the experience. While not being exposed to this level of war torn carnage, I myself have had my own near death experience. And as you have described very well in this piece, the overiding memory i had was one of complete awareness amongst the failing signs of life. I saw no angels or white lights, but there definitely was a strong sense of awareness of something unexplained happening, and i still can recall the memory very vividly to this day.

I enjoyed the truth and sense of peace and tranquility you have reached after such an experience. I am sure there are others who can relate to this write.

As always, wonderfully languaged and well written work. (No need for a returned review. I have no new writes as yet).

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Wow! I'm so excited for you and your experience. I think in our fragility, we can achieve power of a.. read more
So wonderfully expressed as your words drew me within each line of a near death experience ;-]

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Weeping Willow for this great review and summation. You are appreciated.
' As bare-footed death climbs staircases in muffled recall ' seems tis only when we reach extremes in life and near death we appraise value of breath. Your words ring so many bells, Sami, as ever in fine and resonant words and in a knowledge that has gradually grown in you over the years. Tis near loss of anything, anybody, that startles and stabs the senses.. but being stuck in a dark tunnel.. wondering if.. is the greatest spur of all.. that or fall into space. Perhaps. Your words capture powerful thought in this..

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

OMG. Your words are so true and right on message. I'm so grateful for all the support and encouragem.. read more
emmajoy

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Sami. I admit to reading some posts very carefully, try to see it from the writer's pers.. read more
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

:::::)))))).........
The whole story was written in a very beautiful way.

Darkness quickened across votive disbelief of days, as the sun was set in wounded validations. The nights of measured distresses have begun, forced to face sleepless blends that bleed for all mercy. So, in no perfect world, those who wandered aimlessly, tried to stitch together time-framed thoughts that lay in mind ruins.

the beginning is love

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much beloved poet and friend for this wonderful review and appreciation. Glad you enjo.. read more
Irenic

6 Years Ago

you are welcome, how can I not enjoy such a wonderful piece!!!
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

:::::)))))))
The whole story was written in a very beautiful way.

Darkness quickened across votive disbelief of days, as the sun was set in wounded validations. The nights of measured distresses have begun, forced to face sleepless blends that bleed for all mercy. So, in no perfect world, those who wandered aimlessly, tried to stitch together time-framed thoughts that lay in mind ruins.

the beginning is love

Posted 6 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1331 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on November 1, 2017
Last Updated on November 7, 2017

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..