Near Death

Near Death

A Story by Sami Khalil
"

The reality of near death experiences...

"

Image result for akiane kramarik heaven paintings

Near Death/…By Sami Khalil

Truth with added experience…


Darkness quickened across votive disbelief of days, as the sun was set in wounded validations. The nights of measured distresses have begun, forced to face sleepless blends that bleed for all mercy. So, in no perfect world, those who wandered aimlessly, tried to stitch together time-framed thoughts that lay in mind ruins.


I could remember, in hindmost, the madness of the war in all its violent explosions, that rocked buildings and left them riven apart with no chance of bloody prayers and the countless lives lost. It was 1982, at the height of Lebanon’s civil war, where Israel decided to invade the country, with wildest expectations of power and mayhem, all rolled into one. Their goal was to expel the “PLO”, (their nemesis) from the border areas to other parts of the region, where the name of vague peace will be restored. Humanity had reached a special madness, from all sides, where no sane man could swallow its primordial desires or a wraith history.


I, on the other hand, might have not survived, if it wasn’t of miracle that kept me in the land of the living, looking down in vigilance at the operating room. There was utter panic, and the bleeding heart was dividing and conquering the soaring chances of no survival. My feet looked like a plinth, supporting a tumbled statue. Doctors worked tirelessly till the last extensions of hammered confusions.


“He won’t make it” so they thought, “for his wounds carry the blame of malice in pirouettes.” But my mother, who bridged her eternal pains to hopeful gazes, breathed sighs of pyrrhic relief, when prayers, coursing deep into the gorge, spared the need of hallowed wreaths.


I gained consciousness, only after the gentle floating, where I beheld the mantle of peace. Nothing weighed, nothing tick-tocked, nothing aged, nothing feared, nothing worried…

A new dawn, a new page, a new welcome and a new knowing…A new poem!

 

An abandoned earthly treasure was slowly forgotten

When beating fast and stillness went hand in hand

Oh, I could see blood-stained hands and eyes weeping

But the joys of peace, love eternal were surely begotten

All are one where no money and possessions enthrall

As bare-footed death climbs staircases in muffled recall

© 2017 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

dear Sami... there are times in life where we touch the hem of G-d and wonder why... a glimpse into disparities ... knowing how quickly our world can change... the depth of calamity... breathes fire and brimstone.... Amen truly, Pat

Posted 6 Years Ago


Patricia Wedel

6 Years Ago

dear Sami🦋 We just had a fire in our home🎻 We lost most everything in the last few days. It g.. read more
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Best of wishes. God will make a way.
Patricia Wedel

6 Years Ago

dear Sami... I appreciate your reply... we must believe... Amen
As bare-footed death climbs staircases in muffled recall. Diseases, perils, loss all are notorious in bringing pain, but death is the real villain, are we one in death staircases, are we same in death stair cases, all the fighting in family, community, country, world in large from the tiniest matter to most serious ones can trace in their roots to man's ego and false pride and manipulations, if the staircase of death muffled all are one why world is this way with no real peace, man has to come to that realization of muffled voice of death staircases. Poem throws some lights of some truth laying around the world for rethinking. An excellent writing even if theme is sad.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Whoa! So true and well articulated brilliant poet and friend. I admire your humanity and level of wi.. read more
wow! well done sami! well done indeed ..the language is mesmerizing ..intoxicating in a way .. tho the story is so tragic ... tough subject sir ...so glad i stopped and found this one :)
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Whoa! Thank you so much great poet and friend for this gracious review and appreciation. So glad to .. read more
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

same to you sir :)
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

::::)))))))
This is amazing, Sami. Truly, amazing. I'm happy I stumbled into this story.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Whoa! You are amazing, too. Thank you so much for all. Take care.
The feeling of an all consuming love at death reverberates through the echo of your thoughts, words and voice.
Poetic story telling in its glory and poetic verse riding the tide of beauty.

Regards,
Al


Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Whoa! Even your reviews are so poetic and beautiful. You possess the power to inspire. Thank you so .. read more
Alfred Kukitz

6 Years Ago

Sami your graciousness and talent offer a unique blend of humanity. I truly love you guy!
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Same here. Grand you are.
Whether during the actual dying process or a near-death experience, at some point, the subject starkly realizes that everything is melting away, except love. Only love, the universal currency, remains--representing all you can take with you.
Wonderfully instructive story, Sami; amazing new poem!


Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

So true and well articulated. Thank you so much Jimmy for this marvelous review.
a most compelling write, Sami that is wrought with elegance. i admire the subdued, gripping details without any added unnecessary exaggeration. your stength of character and benevolence...shines through this entire write, and i’m utterly grateful for your presence in the world.

keep shining you! :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


ms. barrie

6 Years Ago

goodnight! happy hallow’s eve!!
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Same to you....
ms. barrie

6 Years Ago

thank you............(:
Very very very very well written Sami as always with strength and eloquence.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Whoa! Thank you so much great poet and friend for this amazing review and kindness. Title check is o.. read more
Your writing still has as impressive and effect on me as it did when I first started here Sami. Your eloquence adds another truly artful dimension to the fantastic story. Glad you are with us my friend.

My own experience was not the serene calmness described so beautifully here though.
Rake-like fingers - coming from nowhere - grabbing for my ankles as I sat upright strapped into a wheelchair in the back of an ambulance following an attempted O.D.
My arms started to curl inwards under their own volition. I thought I was on my way to Hell.
It seemed so real !!
Made me respect the gift of Life thereafter.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

What are you going to call it:" To hell and back."
Just kidding.
Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

Lol yes - that's a good one
Or
'Can you smell something burning... uh-oh' heheh
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Hahaha....
You describe a near death experience on the operating table so well, Sami. I unfortunately experienced this myself. I stood at one end of a lighted tunnel and my grandfather stood at the other end. He motioned me to go back. I saw the doctors, heard what they were saying, but I felt nothing. Fortunately I am here to speak of it. Did this happen to you, my friend? Very well written. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

I almost died twice. One in Lebanon and one in the tornado of 2011 in Tuscaloosa, Al. i survived but.. read more
Lydia Shutter

6 Years Ago

You are quite welcome! Glad you survived!
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

:)..............

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1334 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on November 1, 2017
Last Updated on November 7, 2017

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..