Near Death

Near Death

A Story by Sami Khalil
"

The reality of near death experiences...

"

Image result for akiane kramarik heaven paintings

Near Death/…By Sami Khalil

Truth with added experience…


Darkness quickened across votive disbelief of days, as the sun was set in wounded validations. The nights of measured distresses have begun, forced to face sleepless blends that bleed for all mercy. So, in no perfect world, those who wandered aimlessly, tried to stitch together time-framed thoughts that lay in mind ruins.


I could remember, in hindmost, the madness of the war in all its violent explosions, that rocked buildings and left them riven apart with no chance of bloody prayers and the countless lives lost. It was 1982, at the height of Lebanon’s civil war, where Israel decided to invade the country, with wildest expectations of power and mayhem, all rolled into one. Their goal was to expel the “PLO”, (their nemesis) from the border areas to other parts of the region, where the name of vague peace will be restored. Humanity had reached a special madness, from all sides, where no sane man could swallow its primordial desires or a wraith history.


I, on the other hand, might have not survived, if it wasn’t of miracle that kept me in the land of the living, looking down in vigilance at the operating room. There was utter panic, and the bleeding heart was dividing and conquering the soaring chances of no survival. My feet looked like a plinth, supporting a tumbled statue. Doctors worked tirelessly till the last extensions of hammered confusions.


“He won’t make it” so they thought, “for his wounds carry the blame of malice in pirouettes.” But my mother, who bridged her eternal pains to hopeful gazes, breathed sighs of pyrrhic relief, when prayers, coursing deep into the gorge, spared the need of hallowed wreaths.


I gained consciousness, only after the gentle floating, where I beheld the mantle of peace. Nothing weighed, nothing tick-tocked, nothing aged, nothing feared, nothing worried…

A new dawn, a new page, a new welcome and a new knowing…A new poem!

 

An abandoned earthly treasure was slowly forgotten

When beating fast and stillness went hand in hand

Oh, I could see blood-stained hands and eyes weeping

But the joys of peace, love eternal were surely begotten

All are one where no money and possessions enthrall

As bare-footed death climbs staircases in muffled recall

© 2017 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! You write like a real writer. Are you a writer? Is the above story true? Well written.This work is God gifted.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

I'm an aspiring writer who likes to share my love for the trade with others, inspire and be inspired.. read more
andrew mitchell

6 Years Ago

He is a real writer sometimes writes under Bryce Courtney
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Lol............
"Humanity had reached a special madness, from all sides, where no sane man could swallow its primordial desires or a wraith history."

Sami Khalil


Posted 6 Years Ago


Have any of you experienced near death or knew someone who did. You can share...

Posted 6 Years Ago


" There was utter panic, and the bleeding heart was dividing and conquering the soaring chances of no survival."
Sami Khalil

Posted 6 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1334 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on November 1, 2017
Last Updated on November 7, 2017

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Who am I ? Who am I ?

A Poem by Tom