The Spectral Couple

The Spectral Couple

A Story by Sami Khalil
"

Remains a mystery...A fantasy story! Sami's Hollywood...

"

Image result for Ghost marriage paintings



The Spectral Couple By Sami Khalil

Remains a mystery… A Fantasy story

The ad was straightforward: “Seeking a marriage judge or priest, to tie the knot with a ghost, in 'Holy Matrimony'. Please respond to this number immediately. Be mindful of secrecy. Pay is handsome!”

An heiress to a cremation company had placed this ad in many social media outlets, to the shock and disbelief of the multitude.

After her estrangement with her ex-husband, who was caught cheating and shamed, she started reading extant manuscripts about a decorated general. He had died from battle wounds, and was cremated at her dad’s company, during World War II. She inherited the general's ashes along a massive fortune.

Sometimes she would sit alone in her ornate bedroom, in the extravagant mansion, with shades drawn, and dream of him, for he was extremely handsome and moving to the hearts. He kept appearing behind her every night as she looked at herself in the silvery mirror. Then she would turn around, locking arms together in a warm embrace, with kisses yearning for correlative desires. Afterwards, disappeared into thin air.

She felt petulant mood swings when he did that, for she felt her real, first love from ages gone by, and did not want to lose it to that flat universe. She would also take long walks in the language spaces of her fine yard, along multi-colored leaves, easing her listless moods and embracing the loving light. Deer were sometimes inconspicuous, and other times, they were dappled in sun and shadow, when running out of sight.

She hefted the weight of the company by herself, so she needed respite in heaved doses. Her mantra was: “Love can manifest in any form.” and she took that literally. Life has many vacancies, like hearts, that need be filled, she thought. Somber days need blue faces to bud in their Spring times, as sorrows are the drones of life, lifted up to sky prairies, and then lie fallowed in moon’s eventides.

Finally, a priest took the chance and answered the call, to fulfil her heart’s wishes, ambling along the long driveway, to reach her front door with a round-shouldered slouch.

The sky was purple- hued while he marveled at the extravagance of the mansion, where its spires pierced the gray clouds. Peacocks were splaying their wings, as swans sailed in lovely ponds. Leafy branches were trembling against the wind in the surrounding sylvan woods, echoing momentary thought of passers bye.

After knocking on the door, the heiress appeared happy in her wedding gown, fit for a queen. They got right away to business, and she stood at night in front of the mirror. When he appeared , they were wed and exchanged rings. The general had brought two ghost friends as witnesses with him. They lived happily in love.

When she died, the state turned the mansion into a museum to behold. Tourists standing in front of the mirror, will see the spectral couple behind them, in love eternal.

© 2018 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

'The Spectral Couple'
Sami Khalil,
I found this to be a delightful dream. Every aspect is played out under layers of emotion, thought and desire never quite coming to reality. I felt like the mention of deer just realized within shadow and light, of surrounding trees, the mansion set within a beautiful park with purples and such. It is as if the story flows out of a beautiful painting. I loved the use of a mirror where your lady finds comfort with the one she wishes for too. Don't we all live in our own inner world where ghosts of what if, could be, and hopes created by our own lives live. You did good Sami.
Bless you in this beautiful Spring time.
Kathy

Posted 2 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

Holy God! Thank you so much dear poet and friend for this wonderful review and response. Glad you u.. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

Sami,
Looking for the precious gems is what I do. You had one here for sure.
Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

Wowzy! You are a gem too. Thank you again.
what on earth are you eating or drinking? your intoxicating imagination fills the surprise cup full and running over with liquid genius.

regards,
al

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

I love you my friend. You are awesome. It takes a genius to know one or a ginnee... lol
Thank.. read more
Wow, this has kinda of a profound image to it, love as well as ghostly feel if that makes sense.
I enjoyed this, it captivated me.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Wow! So glad it captivated you and your imagination. May I thank you for all.
Romantic and eerie at the same time, Sami. Very creative...and that graphic you found to go with your words is super! "The sky was purple- hued while he marveled at the extravagance of the mansion, where its spires pierced the gray clouds." great imagery! Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Wow! Thank you so much Lydia for your wonderful review and your loving kindness. So glad you like my.. read more
Nice writing Sami, great story. In my day it was tie the knot! How things change its now tie the knob! lol very kinky indeed.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Hahaha. You are so funny. This has an underlying message and people have to figure that out. So glad.. read more
andrew mitchell

6 Years Ago

Bedknobs and broomsticks Sami! A Walt Disney production I got it!:)
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Hahaha..................
A perfect fantasy of a woman; a man all to herself and comes around whenever she wishes to have!
And a permanently tied knot kept them together as a pair in the mirror at the end! It is (an unusual) a love story! Nice aspect of the narrative... didn't scare the daylights out off me! You are full of surprises Sami!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Hahaha! My mind wanders off to weird things. Lol
I'm so glad you like it. Like her saying:" l.. read more
Mrudula Rani

6 Years Ago

Visiting your page is always my pleasure, and a delightful treat for me.
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

:)....................
vivid imagery ..and i love a ghost story ...this one is also kind of light hearted ... like "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" or "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" (tho not quite so whimsical as that) :)
E.
ps. great pic to go with your story ... and the line you quote yourself is my favorite real life reflection in your story ..nice!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Wow! Thank you so much beloved poet and friend for this wonderful review and appreciation. You are .. read more
"Life has many vacancies, like hearts, that need be filled, she thought. Somber days need blue faces to bud in their Spring times, as sorrows are the drones of life, lifted up to sky prairies, and then lie fallowed in moon’s eventides."

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 8, 2018
Last Updated on February 12, 2018

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moon Beams Moon Beams

A Poem by wordman