Cobwebs

Cobwebs

A Story by Sami Khalil
"

When accusations become cobwebs...

"

Image result for Cobwebs paintings


Cobwebs………By Sami Khalil



He disentangled himself from the business party (his alibi), sashaying off to catch his wife in the act, averting any suspicion. Rehearsals in his mind searched for faces; a friend, an unknown or a neighbor of his.


Lately behaving strangely, they had all weighed on him with gloom. The husband had stifled not perfect opportunities to watch her drift off into another man’s arms. His face was taut with fear, within sedentary motives, that sloped down the snowy trails of an Olympic kind. His sadness, wedged between no trust and mid-life crisis, graduated unto the foothills of depression. He had enough of her trysts, which made him glower at accusations. He thought, “If I can’t have her to myself, no one can.”


Women can be unpredictable for sure, but so do men in an inkling solidity. But we like to always blame “The other” in sheer futility.


Intensely frustrated, and yearning for deliverance, he tucked the pistol inside his coat, disembarking on the evil plot at hand. His feet were clacking at the wet pavement, until he approached their house, removing them for quietness. Induced with alcohol and lacking of sleep, he knew to find her in his bed with the wicked boyfriend. It was winter, and the skies were embroidered with broken clouds, above copper and russet leaves of husky trees. He drew his pistol, after stealthily walking in, spraying her by a bullet after another in the dark, but never a partner at all, when he turned the lights on.


He tottered towards the bed, only to find her dead from something else that happened before. What an outright idiot to have done such a thing, and what a millstone around his neck now. She had left him a note by her bed stating:” By the time you discover and read this note, I’ll be long gone. I’m tired of your accusations. No amendments will save this marriage of ours. I decided to take a poison pill. Have a nice life.”


He realized that he was rifled from all happiness where misery surged through him, darkening the room on impact. He shot himself!


Image result for Cobwebs paintings

© 2018 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

'Cobwebs'
Sami Khalill,
Whew! A story of surprises, even a phycological study for the complexities of what can play out within the human mind. This made me think, ponder and analyze the could it be and the what if. I loved the play of rhyming loveliness too within a natural setting....snow and an 'Olympic slide.' Wonderful work....again! Thanks for letting me come and knock at your writing door.
Kathy

Posted 6 Months Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Months Ago

Wow! You are welcome any time in my gallery; an old friend is worthy and kind. I'm so glad you enjoy.. read more
Sami Khalil

6 Months Ago

I realized you have not posted yet in a while; I hope you do.
'Cobwebs'
Sami Khalill,
Whew! A story of surprises, even a phycological study for the complexities of what can play out within the human mind. This made me think, ponder and analyze the could it be and the what if. I loved the play of rhyming loveliness too within a natural setting....snow and an 'Olympic slide.' Wonderful work....again! Thanks for letting me come and knock at your writing door.
Kathy

Posted 6 Months Ago


This is hilarious! I did not see anything coming, always in a state of wonder, as I read along. I have to admit, the first 3 paragraphs did not flow as well for me -- felt a little heavy going in the somewhat analytical approach. But then the 4th paragraph becomes intensely dynamic with a more action-focused narrative, compared to the "cerebral" intro. From that point to the end, it's a cliffhanger that takes a couple wild twists. Amazing how you can pack so much into such a short story, having it feel complete! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Wow! Thank you so much beloved poet and friend for this wonderful review and appreciation. So glad .. read more
You are a master my friend! The imagery went to a new level for me. I'm a huge fan of shorts. In fact I'm working on one now I'd love for you to review Sami. This is just incredible work! I'm a fan!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Wow! I'm so honored by your visit and wonderful review. Please send me some read requests if you wil.. read more
Eerie and with a twist ending....Sami, you are so good at writing these stories. Loved the artwork you chose to accompany your words too. Great job. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

So great from you to visit and so thankful from me to you. I'm glad you are enjoying these short sto.. read more
tragic short story ...hooked and held me ...all too true to life says i! and that pic is absolutely horrible good ;)
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much beloved poet and friend for this lovely review and liking. Blind jealousy is very .. read more
A well written tale of the unexpected. Excellently worded and well told.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Wow! I'm so honored by your visit great poet and artist and thankful for your wonderful review. All .. read more
what an unpredictable end! I Wonder was there ever love in their relationship? Riddled with suspicions he never told her how much he loved her, and needed her, couldn't live without her! You are painting unusual love stories with unpredictable endings!! Your Poetic mind works mysteriously, Dear Sami!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Hahahaha...I love it. Thank you so much Mrdula Rani for your amazing reviews and take on these short.. read more
Mrudula Rani

6 Years Ago

Reading your creations is one of my personal pleasures my friend .
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

::::::))))))))))))
Some times the accusations are too much to bear and then even a pill which gives peace seems like a beautiful end to the movie... at least she would find solace in knowing she was free at last...and left him to suffer .. but in the end all was in vain... nicely done....


Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Wow! So true and well articulated. All in vain. I love that. Thank you so much Galadriel for taking .. read more
Some wisdom to be learned from these words. You create dangerous situation with a sad ending. Old wise saying. We make our own bed. We decide our thoughts and actions. Thank you Sami for sharing the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Wow! I love your summation of this story. You are right on the money. Many people can't get the gist.. read more
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are a amazing story teller. The story was so good.
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

Much obliged...

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

916 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 18, 2018
Last Updated on February 18, 2018

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Handoma Handoma

A Story by Sami Khalil