Silent Screams and Desolate Tears

Silent Screams and Desolate Tears

A Story by Alasse Fefalas
"

He's screaming; and there's nothing you can do to help, but cry.

"

Silent screams and desolate tears

 

 

By Alasse Fefalas

 

His hands that cupped his ears did not shut out the roaring silence. No, it only made it worse. The amplification of the silence’s thunders became so deafening, it hurt. Trapped tears burnt his eyes like a naked flame to flesh and ate away at his eyelids like acid. The little hairs that snaked across his body stood on its ends in reaction to the icy cold atmosphere the darkness brought along. Every breath he inhaled of the thin, dank air pierced his lungs and lacerated his nose. His lips were tightly sealed yet he was screaming, screaming with all his might.

 

His mind screamed. Every single cell of his body screamed. They screamed to be released from the black darkness, They screamed in hope that even wordless, noiseless screams could be heard by someone to rescue them from the living nightmare.

 

And you heard their screams – their pleas for help – but you were powerless to help. A single wall divided you and him, but you could do nothing to do against those who locked him inside – the decision makers. You could do nothing but cry. And so you cried for him.

 

You cried for the laughter he cannot hear.

 

You cried for the warmth he cannot feel.

 

You cried for the noise he cannot make.

 

You cried for the light he cannot see.

 

You cried for the freedom he cannot taste.

 

And you cried for the tears he will never cry.

 

And you cried for yourself, who cannot help.

© 2008 Alasse Fefalas


Author's Note

Alasse Fefalas
Review please! ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
Added on February 23, 2008

Author

Alasse Fefalas
Alasse Fefalas

Singapore!, Singapore



About
I write poems, and sometimes stories. I'm currently working on a fantasy story called 'Lady of Magic'; the rest are one-shots. more..

Writing